One Step Update will not complete

Paresh Buch
Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
One Step Update is "hung up". Started Jan 19 2021. Prior to that, no issues with downloading and exiting quicken. Now, cannot exit quicken - see attached message in picture. Have done all the typical things - validate, repair, delete cloud account, etc. The one step update icon continues to show that it is "downloading".

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Jeremy Radz

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend trying to sign out and sign back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• I am so sorry you are having that problem. My One Step Update will download new transactions but has not updated any online balances since Jan 19 2021. Which means I can't reconcile with the online balance. I think there was a Quicken update around that date.
    I also would like some suggestions.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @margi49201 Since your problem doesn't directly relate to @Paresh Buch's problem I suggest that you post your own question so that this thread doesn't get mixed up with trying to answer two different problems.
    Recent Discussions -> Ask a Question
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Dick Latour
    Dick Latour Member ✭✭
    > @"Paresh Buch" said:
    > One Step Update is "hung up". Started Jan 19 2021. Prior to that, no issues with downloading and exiting quicken. Now, cannot exit quicken - see attached message in picture. Have done all the typical things - validate, repair, delete cloud account, etc. The one step update icon continues to show that it is "downloading".
    >
    > Any suggestions?

I am having the same problem. I cannot even backup my quicken file until I use Task Manager to close Quicken and then reopen Quicken. One Step Update seems to be downloading my transactions but I cannot be totally sure of that since it never actually completes.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

There is a known issue in which some users are experiencing delays in loading Quicken or performing some services such as, adding or updating accounts, running a One Step Update, mobile sync, launching budgets, scheduled transactions, renaming rules, etc.

To learn more please visit the alert the link below and 'bookmark' this Alert by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right to be notified as updates and/or a resolution to these issues become available.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7887538/new-1-29-21-delays-or-errors-when-using-online-services

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Tyka - Please note that the announcement yesterday that issues are resolved is NOT TRUE - I still have problems and now more of my accounts are not synchronizing. This has gotten worse - not better. I used to be able to download all my accounts by "not selecting" cloud sync in the one step update. Now, I can't do that either! Not a happy camper right now. Please help get this fixed. I need to be able to download all accounts and sync them for mobile access.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Tyka - Please note that the announcement yesterday that issues are resolved is NOT TRUE - I still have problems and now more of my accounts are not synchronizing. This has gotten worse - not better. I used to be able to download all my accounts by "not selecting" cloud sync in the one step update. Now, I can't do that either! Not a happy camper right now. Please help get this fixed. I need to be able to download all accounts and sync them for mobile access.

If it appears that Sync is the culprit here and never finishes, no matter how long you wait ...
    I recommend you stop Sync until there is a solution to the problem.
    Killing Quicken with the Task Manger may leave the structure of your database in such a damaged state that Quicken may not be able to repair it. Please do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.

Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Dick Latour
    Dick Latour Member ✭✭
    > @Paresh Buch said:
    > Thanks Tyka - Please note that the announcement yesterday that issues are resolved is NOT TRUE - I still have problems and now more of my accounts are not synchronizing. This has gotten worse - not better. I used to be able to download all my accounts by "not selecting" cloud sync in the one step update. Now, I can't do that either! Not a happy camper right now. Please help get this fixed. I need to be able to download all accounts and sync them for mobile access.

I totally agree. Some of my accounts download slowly but one step update just doesn't complete and I cannot even back up my Quicken files until it does. I also am having a very difficult time adding or changing categories while waiting for the never ending one step update to complete. And, yes, you can use Task Manager to end Quicken and restart. But that leaves you with a Quicken account that you are unsure of whether all accounts are actually updated. This is unacceptable.
  • Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    OK - The situation is very frustrating and NOT acceptable. One step finally completes the cycle and shows several accounts have errors (i.e. try again, or fix it options). I have tried the proposed fixes but no change to the outcome.

These accounts will not download the latest data and "on line" account balance will not update. In fact, some accounts do not show an on line balance (no value displayed). You have to fix this.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello @Paresh Buch

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary.

Thank you,
      -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    OK - One step update has again stopped "completing". I can't exit normally (message says to let the process complete but I have waited "overnight" and it is still going). How do I exit???
  • I have the same problem. Started a few weeks back. One-step update never stops -- need to kill from task manager. It will grab new transactions for a couple of accounts only.
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey Member ✭✭
    When I try to exit Quicken i get an erro that says One Step update has not completed. I then have to use task manager to stop Quicken.
  • daddyrit05
    daddyrit05 Member ✭✭
    me too
  • turtledove53
    turtledove53 Member ✭✭
    I have also had this issue 1 time.
  • jim47
    jim47 Member
    Same problem here. My situation is exactly the same as Barney1476. It will update 3 of my 8 accounts . The others hang at "processing data" and never complete, requiring Task Mgr. to get out of Quicken. It has been doing this since the last update.
  • Mike Sommers
    Mike Sommers Member ✭✭
    I am still having this issue that has supposedly been resolved. I has NOT been resolved. Same issue as above. OSU never completes and I need to use task manager to end Quicken. Why is there no solution yet?
  • Ellyn Corey
    Ellyn Corey Member
    Like Paresh Buch most of my accounts are "completing" but there is no updating of transactions. Also can't get to customer support. This really is unacceptable.
  • Dan19
    Dan19 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue.
  • Beth67
    Beth67 Member
    I too have the same issue and have been having it for several weeks. I called technical support and George told me that no one else is having this issue and that it's my data file. I asked for a supervisor (dismissive attitude was too much after I'd just read through ALL of these "me too" comments). It can't be that all of us had data files get corrupted at exactly the same time, but George was very quick to go to the "it's your datafile" answer, which I know what that means and I have ZERO interest in rebuilding quicken. I have data in here from 2012.
  • ericdrury
    ericdrury Member
    I'm having the same issue. It also started for me relatively recently.
  • Dan19
    Dan19 Member ✭✭
    There was a post in another thread that mentioned logging out of your quicken account and signing back in. That seems to have worked for me.
  • Jeremy Radz
    Jeremy Radz Member
    Same issues as the rest have multiple years of data don't want to lose. Only One Step working is direct connect everything on express web connect isn't working. Known issue??
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Jeremy Radz

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend trying to sign out and sign back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • YYY
    YYY Member
    Same problem here. Tried to uninstall and reinstall several times, but the same problem still exist. It all started a few days ago when there's message says "your data is being synced to the improved cloud service". Well, the sync is never completed. Now my quicken wouldn't allow me to close it, and there's always a msg says "a one step update is in process", ever if I waited for hours.
  • NancyKM
    NancyKM Member
    I have had the same problem for the past month. It sounds like this is a big issue that is affecting a lot of users. Will Quicken address this or do we all need to find another financial software?
    I love Quicken software, but I cannot continue to close my program through the Task Manager (as there is no way to get the One-Step update to stop.
  • liab1946
    liab1946 Member ✭✭
    Same here. None of my online balances are being updated. Also, I have
    all boxes under "online services" in the OneStep Update setting unchecked, but it continues to try and update even though I do not use cloud services. It takes for ever or "hangs up on it. The only way to get out is the task manager. Frustrating!!!
  • gknudtson5
    gknudtson5 Member ✭✭
    This seems to have worked for me currently

Hello @Jeremy Radz

Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    Click sign in as a different user
    Type "yes" to sign out

-Quicken Tyka
  • joand315
    joand315 Member
    This worked for me. I was unable to get online balances or updated transactions, but now I can. Thanks.
  • Kbach
    Kbach Member
    I have completed tge steps to fix this error, but it did not fix it. Never stops the updating and can only stop if I end task in the task manager.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

I would suggest that posters in this thread, post the number and types of Accounts that are attempting to be updated during the One Step Update process. Also include your operating system information.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.