Why is the latest Quicken release taking so long to download trasactions?

Before the latest release my transactions were taking 1-2 minutes. After the current release the same transaction downloads are taking 10-12 minutes.

Thank you.

Answers

• Rick56
    Rick56 Member ✭✭✭
    Same here. Also, Quicken is taking about 25% of the CPU during download in Task Manager.
  • MACNLEAKEY
    MACNLEAKEY Member ✭✭
    Right. Quicken is taking about 28% of my CPU.
  • Ditto. Direct Connections look to process as per normal, but Web Express connection types all take ages to process. Where previous downloads would have been 1-2 minutes, this is put-the-kettle-on, brew-a-cuppa, start-sipping, what-still-not-done levels of slowness.
  • Same. I have the subscription on Windows.

BTW, that 25% CPU is 100% of a single core. A single thread is performing a very long calculation. It gives the fan a workout!
  • Also, my version is 31.12
  • mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Me too.
  • figsys
    figsys Member ✭✭✭
    Same here
  • mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Since it doesn't look like Quicken is aware of this has anyone opened a ticket yet?
  • zhezhang
    zhezhang Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Same here. 8 minutes and waiting.
    All Direct Connections "Complete", All Web Expresses "Processing Data", Quotes and investment information "Waiting".

After 15 min, all Web Expresses got CC501"Unable to update...error on Quicken server."

Was OK last night.

Version r31.12,
  • Rick56
    Rick56 Member ✭✭✭
    Something has changed. My update is working as normal this morning. Will see how it works tomorrow.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Don't blame Quicken, especially when you are forgetting about other factors, such as Internet Speed, Line Noise, ISP Throttling. Plus bad weather.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @thecreator said:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Don't blame Quicken, especially when you are forgetting about other factors, such as Internet Speed, Line Noise, ISP Throttling. Plus bad weather.

Actually it appears to be Quicken that's the culprit. See this thread:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20155871
  • MACNLEAKEY
    MACNLEAKEY Member ✭✭
    none of the above is an issue.
  • GaryR
    GaryR Member ✭✭
    I have had the same issue for a week now! This is ridiculous! And Vanguard fails every time!
  • Rick56
    Rick56 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I had the long processing time for a while then it went away for a couple of days. Now it is back with an added feature. Now after a long processing time, it fails on all my bank/credit card accounts with a Quicken server failure error message (CC-501).
  • Rick56
    Rick56 Member ✭✭✭
    > @GaryR said:
    > ......And Vanguard fails every time!

My Edward Jones failed with the code OL-220-a for a few days in One Step Update so I unchecked it and did a successful "Update Transaction" from the account itself a few times. I decided to add it back to One Step Update this morning and it works.

Pretty flaky..........
  • AndyAjax
    AndyAjax Member
    I haven't received any transactions since 2/12/2021. I did select to update my accounts and the delay was very long, then no new transactions showed up (There should have been many transactions). Is anyone else having an issue with your transactions not downloading?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue. I see mention of a few different known issues throughout this post.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend visiting the Alert section of the Community, here.

You can select an alert and click the gold star in the top right to bookmark the conversation. This will ensure that you are notified of any updates or changes via email.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • We need a Moderator to takes our problems more serious. :(
This discussion has been closed.