Settings on One Step Update

I receive an error "OL-393A" when doing a one step update of my Fifth Third Bank accounts. If I uncheck "Bring my payment information up to date" and run the update, it works every time. How can I make this setting permanent, so I don't have to uncheck this every single time?

Comments

• Here is a snip relevant to my question.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Thanks but not helpful. The issue is that when I uncheck "Bring my payment information up to date" and run the update, it works every time."
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Frederick H Bahr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

When you check the box for "Bring my payment information up to date" are you given the option to click Apply on the bottom-right before clicking Update Now in an attempt to save the setting?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• R31.12 - Build 27.1.31.12
  • Also, in response. I have clicked on APPLY with no success. Any suggestions on that?
  • In other words, the setting applies at that time when I uncheck the box, then update now. But the next time I attempt an update, the box is checked. It is not "persistent".
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Frederick H Bahr Thanks for the update and additional information.

If you haven't already, I suggest you create a copy of your data file in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. Then, try to Validate your data file in the copied file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also Save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New Copy and click OK                                                                              
    7. Once the newly copied file opens, navigate back to the File menu
    8. Select File Operations
    9. Validate and Repair...
    10. Select Validate file
    11. Click OK
    12. Close the Data Log
    13. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    14. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 9) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

If this does not resolve the issue, you can either switch back to your original file or restore the backup you saved prior to performing the above troubleshooting instructions (both the original and backup files should remain unaffected by the steps performed in the copied file).

Follow the steps below to switch back to your original file
    :
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tried each and every step. No success. The Fifth Third Bank accounts still show errors. Should I call Support?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Frederick H Bahr

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Dan19
    Dan19 Member ✭✭
    I am having this issue also with my Fifth Third account. Please report back if you find a solution.
  • Try Web Connect instead of Direct Connect. It worked for me.
This discussion has been closed.