Issues with One Step Update

Is anyone else having issues with One-Step-Update not completing? It seems to be running fine but starts behaving strangely when it is in the middle of some of the process. And the process never completes even after a couple of hours. This is the following I tried and the issue remains:-
1. Tried closing quicken after the One-Step-Update process seems to hang. I get a message stating that "One-Step-Update is in process . Please wait until it completes before exiting Quicken".
2. Waited for half an hour and still the same message. Killed the Quicken process through Task Manager.
3. Restarted Quicken and started the Update again. Same issue persisted of the process not completing.
4. Rebooted my PC and tried the One-Step-Update again and still the same issue.

It seems to me to be like the same issue that we encountered a few months earlier where Quicken was actually crashing. Only difference is it is hanging.
Any one else having the same issue? Please let me know.

Answers

• Frank Bogdan
    Frank Bogdan Member ✭✭
    i;m having the same issue. Even tried reinstalling didnt solve the issue. With some account I can get the info downloaded if I reset the account. this has been going on for weeks
  • Brice Glende
    Brice Glende Member ✭✭✭
    Repost: I have the same problem except that even if I try to update my Wells Fargo acct. (for example) individually, Quicken does not bring in the transactions or report an error. I have to think this problem may be a result of the last update?
    in Online balances not updating Comment by Brice Glende 8:59AM
  • Cardomtb
    Cardomtb Member
    Very frustrating .. same issue .. Quicken stays in continuous update mode and will not let you close it.. I have un checked all accounts for update and loaded latest patch.
  • hpinsley
    hpinsley Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue as well. I peeked at the "Cloud Sync Log" aka SyncLog.txt, and it appears it is stuck in some loop. I see the same request/response pair over and over corresponding to the time that Quicken One Step Update was hanging. Here's what I'm seeing:

Sending: https://services.quicken.com/institution-logins/refresh/(18-digit-number)...

Response is {"jobId":"18-digit-number)","isProcessing":true,"status":"AGGREGATION_IN_PROGRESS","institutionLogins":[{"id":"18-digit-number","status":"AGGREGATION_IN_PROGRESS","aggregators":[{"aggStatus":"REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS","accounts":[{"id":"18-digit-number","cpId":"18-digit-number","aggStatus":"REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS"},{"id":"18-digit-number","cpId":"18-digit-number","aggStatus":"REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS"}],"isProcessing":true}],"isProcessing":true}]}

Maybe someone else can look at their logs to confirm whether they are seeing same?
  • Placeman
    Placeman Member ✭✭
    Came in here to say the same thing. One step update just hangs at "processing data." I've uninstalled/reinstalled, restored previously known working backup, but am having the same issue. I ended up just disabling cloud sync and then manually downloaded the QFX file for each of my accounts. Very annoying.

I will agree with @hpinsley though. It feels like an issue with their cloud services, though it's odd that I'm still having the same behavior even with cloud sync turned off.
  • EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm never sure which log file I'm supposed to look in, but my Bank of America account has new transactions, they're NOT being downloaded via One Step Update, and this is all the CONNLOG shows:
    ==== Mini-OSU Start (20210213/12:03:34) ====

==== Mini-OSU End (20210213/12:04:50) ====

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

• hpinsley
    hpinsley Member ✭✭
    I found most of the activity in the "Cloud Sync Log". I tried updating one account and it doesn't hang, but it also is not returning any transactions now. Here is an extract from the log. It looks likes problems on their end for sure.

<!-- ***** SEND to https://services.quicken.com/institution-logins at 12:03:59 on 20210213 ***** -->
    Header:
    https://services.quicken.com/institution-logins
    [Content-Type] : application/json
    [qcs-dataset-id] : (redacted)
    [app-build] : 27.1.31.12
    [app-version] : 27.1.31
    [app-client-id] : quicken_windows

Content:

<!-- ***** RECV from https://services.quicken.com/institution-logins at 12:03:59 on 20210213 ***** -->
    <html>
    <head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head>
    <body>
    <center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center>
    </body>
    </html>

Quicken encountered a server-side error while syncing your data [HTTP-502]. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.
    System message:
    Quicken encountered a server-side error while syncing your data [HTTP-502]. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.

==== Cloud Sync End (20210213/12:04:00) ====

<!-- ***** SEND to https://services.quicken.com/job-statuses/ at 12:04:02 on 20210213 ***** -->
    Header:
    https://services.quicken.com/job-statuses/
    [qcs-dataset-id] : redacted

Content:

<!-- ***** RECV from https://services.quicken.com/job-statuses/ at 12:04:02 on 20210213 ***** -->
    {"errors":[{"title":"Service Unavailable","httpStatus":503,"detail":"GetQcsAuthInfo could not be queued for execution and fallback failed.","code":"QCS-503"}]}

The HTTP 500-Level error codes have the following meanings:

500 - Internal Server Error. Perhaps the most common message encountered, this indicates a generic server error that's displayed when the server cannot determine the exact problem.
    501 - Not Implemented. ...
    502 - Bad Gateway. ...
    503 - Service Unavailable. ...
    504 - Gateway Timeout.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2021
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have reported this issue to our Development and Product teams this morning and just received notice that the issue should be resolved now. If you don't mind, could you please close and relaunch Quicken and try again to verify whether or not the resolution was successful?

Please, check back and let us know how it goes! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• figsys
    figsys Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Not working. Getting CC-501 Errors for most if not all EWC accounts. [Removed - Disruptive]
  • hpinsley
    hpinsley Member ✭✭
    Thank you Quicken Anja for trying to help.

I'm no longer getting those 500-level errors anymore in the logs, but updating my accounts is not returning transactions (and there are definitely transactions to download). Note that the modifiedAfter datetime appears to be correct (see log extract, below) as I last successfully downloaded transactions on 2/7.

Can you provide this to them and get back to us? If you need more info, let us know.

<!-- ***** SEND to https://services.quicken.com/transactions?&limit=500&modifiedAfter=2021-02-07T17:13:54Z&query=accountId==... at 13:38:17 on 20210213 ***** -->
    Header:
    [qcs-dataset-id] : redacted

Content:

<!-- ***** RECV from https://services.quicken.com/transactions?&limit=500&modifiedAfter=2021-02-07T17:13:54Z&query=... at 13:38:17 on 20210213 ***** -->
    {"resources":[],"metaData":{"currentPage":1,"pageSize":0,"totalSize":0,"limit":500,"offset":0,"asOf":"2021-02-13T18:38:17.07278Z"}}
    ==== Cloud Sync End (20210213/13:38:20) ====

<!-- ***** SEND to https://services.quicken.com/job-statuses/(redacted) at 13:38:20 on 20210213 ***** -->
    Header:
    https://services.quicken.com/job-statuses/(redacted)
    [Authorization] : Bearer (redacted)
    [qcs-dataset-id] : (redacted)

Content:

<!-- ***** RECV from https://services.quicken.com/job-statuses/(redacted) at 13:38:20 on 20210213 ***** -->
    {"status":"DELETED"}
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello All,

For those still receiving the error, can you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to submit your logs so our Development and Product teams can further investigate this issue?

In the meantime, please wait at least 24 hours and try again later.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    A tip...

I was able to go to the Edit Account Details - > Online Services -> Reset Account for those impacted accounts and the OSU seems to be working properly now. No more CC-501 errors.
  • hpinsley
    hpinsley Member ✭✭
    This issues that I was having appear to now be resolved.
  • figsys
    figsys Member ✭✭✭
    Not working again this morning. EWC hung for over 5 minutes.
  • Placeman
    Placeman Member ✭✭
    I can confirm, as well, that the OSU is not working. Jumps straight to "Processing data" and then just sits there.
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    My OSU includes 17 accounts; it is clearly hanging up on the EWC accounts, at the "Processing Data" stage.

PS: Why do the Quicken mods always say to wait 24 hours before trying again? Is there a technology-based reason for this ? ;)
  • tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    The issue is NOT resolved. I'm experiencing the same as other saying. I do NOT have any of the cloud services turned on since I had the unresolved problems of the cloud services saved payee data. I had no problems with OSU five days ago. I find no rhyme nor reason as to what accounts are affected, it's happening with Barclays, Capital One, Discover and Citibank for my credit cards. Vanguard did complete it's download though.

It seems to be a major issue with this quite pricey program nearly ever week this year, it has gotten aggravating to say the least.
  • knicks
    knicks Member ✭✭
    OSU is still hanging up for me. It has been less than reliable for the past couple of weeks. It even payed 2 of my bills twice. So now the credit card and the water company owe me money. Not good. Not good.
  • taheckman
    taheckman Member
    edited February 2021
    OSU still not updating. [Removed - Speculation/Disruptive] I would strongly recommend that Quicken resolve this matter today.
  • This has been going on for way too long. Quicken - what is the estimated resolve date?
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

-Quicken Anja

• jim47
    jim47 Member
    I have been following this thread as I have had the same problem for a number of days. It is still occurring as of 7:45 PM EST. 3 of my accounts update and 4 others hang on processing data.
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    OSU worked reasonably well for me this morning, February 22. Very fast for DC. Slower for EWC, but no hanging. Took less than two minutes. :)
  • Patrick Bimonte
    Patrick Bimonte Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    For me the hang up problem occurs with the Cloud Sync turned on, specifically when I have my 5/3 Checking and Savings Accounts syncing to the Cloud. The sync will just spin and spin and I need to use task manager to close Quicken. OSU works perfectly fine with the Cloud Sync turned off, but if I want to sync to the cloud, I need to turn off those two 5/3 accounts. When I do that, the Cloud Sync works fine again.

Of course, with those off, the mobile features lose a lot of their meaning to me because I don't have a clear view of my finances, only my debts!!
  • frankg
    frankg Member ✭✭
    I have been having this issue for months, though it does not happen every time I try to do an update. Now...if I do multiple OSU's back-to-back, it will hang every time. I'm not sure if that helps in trying to find a solution. I just sent my logs as requested. I'm hoping a solution is found soon. Going to the subscription-based model was supposed to ensure we always had the latest version and eliminate these types of problems. That has definitely not been the case.
  • Experiencing update issues as described above as well. Based on the number of complaints about the same issue (and length since first noted) surely it should have been resolved by now. Just renewed my subscription...now am reconsidering the wisdom of that.
  • Mike Sommers
    Mike Sommers Member ✭✭
    I am still having this issue that has supposedly been resolved. I has NOT been resolved. Same issue as above. OSU never completes and I need to use task manager to end Quicken. Why is there no solution yet?
This discussion has been closed.