Memorized Payee auto-populate broken

tnmats
tnmats Member ✭✭✭
Since I can remember in my 20+ years of using Quicken I would start to type in the payee field of any register (checking, credit card, etc) and if there was a memorized transaction with that payee and I selected it in the pop-up, Quicken would populate the remaining fields like "Category" if I selected from the memorized list.

Not so with R31.12. When I pick a selected memorized transaction to get the auto-populate of all fields and only Payee works. This happened as soon as I "updated" to R31.12. I've tried rebooting my PC, even created a new test Quicken data file and the same happens in the new file.

It's cascade failures with Quicken in the last two months after any "update". I still have the unresolved problem with mobile sync (having it over-write memorized transaction info as several users have reported) so I had to turn off mobile sync to prevent this from happening. I can't get One Step Update to work, an issue several users have been complaining about the last week. Now this. I've submitted a report via the Quicken bug report feature but that seems pointless.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I suggest you check the Data entry preferences: select Edit > Preferences...

• tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    That was checked

This behavior started today immediate after updating to R31.12.
  • tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Thank you for the advice but the option was already checked. I made no changes to Preferences in the last week. The changes I made to preferences was a few weeks ago to turn off Mobile sync due to the "feature" overwriting locked transactions and split transaction data.

This new misbehavior started right after I updated to R31.12.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    tnmats said:
    Thank you for the advice but the option was already checked. I made no changes to Preferences in the last week. The changes I made to preferences was a few weeks ago to turn off Mobile sync due to the "feature" overwriting locked transactions and split transaction data.

This new misbehavior started right after I updated to R31.12.
    You may want to consider rebuilding the Memorized Payee Listhttps://www.quicken.com/support/error-memorized-transaction-list-full-or-memorized-transactions-stop-working
  • tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    Rebuilding the Memorized Payee list did the trick. Thank you so much for the help.

I would like to know why the update damaged the payee list. I've become quite gunshy of applying updates with this program, I neglected my own advice this time. Last time I update Quicken unless there is a real problem I've experienced that is described as fixed. And even then I will wait for a few months since that development team's track record is, well, lousy.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    tnmats said:
    Rebuilding the Memorized Payee list did the trick. Thank you so much for the help.

I would like to know why the update damaged the payee list. I've become quite gunshy of applying updates with this program, I neglected my own advice this time. Last time I update Quicken unless there is a real problem I've experienced that is described as fixed. And even then I will wait for a few months since that development team's track record is, well, lousy.
    Some times Quicken release updates change our preference settings.  It's the first thing I check.

The Memorized Payee List has been reported to be impacted by a Quicken Cloud sync regardless of whether Sync has ever been enabled or any accounts selected.  Even after you've rebuilt the Memorized Payee List, a subsequent sync may corrupt it again.  I suspect the issue has to do with a cloud account reset issue triggered when we open another Quicken file with the same file identifier (for example, restore a backup).

I avoid the staged release updates and give the latest release time to harden before applying them.
  • tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    Good advice, I usually do that but stupidly didn't this time. Again, thanks for the help, it is much appreciated.

I turned off cloud sync weeks ago after finding out the sync was corrupting the memorized transaction list. I had it off during this update, it still is off.

I gotten to the point I don't want to update this program anymore, one thing supposedly gets fixed (maybe) but too many other things get broken. I'm tired of paying to be a beta tester.
This discussion has been closed.