Commerce Bank Credit Card reconcile uses "credit remaining" for online balance - Mac Subscription

Options
The "credit remaining" value is displayed where the "online balance" is supposed to be on the reconcile page for my Commerce Bank credit card. It forces an adjustment to the credit remaining value to complete the reconciliation. I then have to delete the adjustment entry to make the Quicken account balance correct.

Is this a known problem?

I'm using Quicken for Mac subscription.

Thanks for any help!

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Rick J Thank you for the additional information. 

Since it happened in the test file as well, this would indicate that the issue stems from the bank's servers sending the wrong information to Quicken.

Reaching out to them was the right thing to do. Although, I would also recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly as well so our support agents can collect and review your log files to investigate the root cause of the issue. 

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hello @Rick J,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    Also, which connection type are you using to connect (Quicken Connect or Direct Connect)?

To start with, could you please create a new (test) file and try adding the account in the test file to see if you receive the same result. If needed, please review this support article for instructions on how to create a new file and how to switch back to your original file afterward.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Rick J
    Rick J Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Anja - I'm running Quicken Premier Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100) on macOS 11.2.1. I'm using Quicken Connect and all of the download data is correct except for the balance value.

I created the test file and got the same result - the download initialized with an opening balance equal to my available credit. It appears that the available balance value is where the debt balance value is supposed to be in the data stream from Commerce Bank.

I've reached out to the bank but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for your help.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Rick J Thank you for the additional information. 

Since it happened in the test file as well, this would indicate that the issue stems from the bank's servers sending the wrong information to Quicken.

Reaching out to them was the right thing to do. Although, I would also recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly as well so our support agents can collect and review your log files to investigate the root cause of the issue. 

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.