Newbie cannot connect Citibank account

When trying to link my Citibank account, Quicken repeatedly giving same error (below) telling me the Citibank website is down. It is not and is functioning just fine.

This is the very first account I have tried to link -- Quicken is deeply disappointing from from the get go.

Help much appreciated before I cancel this unwieldy unhelpful app ....

Thank you!

name: (null)
email: (null)
date: 2021-02-22 08:27:42 (America/Los_Angeles)
date: 2021-02-22 16:27:42 (GMT)
date: 2021-02-22 08:27:42 (PST)
Product: Quicken
Version: 6.1.1
Build: 601.37924.100
Sync: Enabled
Cloud status: 0
Intuit user id: (null)
Mint data set name: (null)
Mint data set id: (null)
QCS user name: tanjageis@gmail.com
QCS user id: 262031213517529601
QCS data set name: Tanja's Finances Quicken
QCS data set id: 262031947403289090
CC user id: 1003850482618
QCS file name: Tanja's Finances.quicken
QCS file Id: 262031947436843521
Client file name: Tanja's Finances.quicken
Client file Id: 04E54107-9B97-4D8A-BD7C-9E5F2F0C676D

errors count: 1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
error #1
level: 4 (Debug = 0, Critical = 6)

description:
add account error

suggestion:
Try again later.

system description:
institution login: can't setup (aggregator error)

BID: 2102

FI name: Citibank

response:
{
"code" : 201,
"resource" : {
"status" : "CREATED",
"pollingReference" : "\/institution-logins\/262032805302167296\/poll",
"id" : "262032805302167296",
"clientId" : "95E71727-672F-4918-84C6-0B2E9C964B6D"
}
}

poll response:
{
"status" : "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR",
"aggregators" : [
{
"cpAggStatusCode" : "ccscrape.102",
"aggStatus" : "FI_TIMEOUT",
"isProcessing" : false,
"cpAggStatusDetail" : "Retry. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try again later."
}
],
"mode" : "DISCOVER_AND_ADD_ACCOUNTS",
"institutionLoginId" : "262032805302167296",
"isProcessing" : false
}

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @tmgeis  One thing to understand in general is that Quicken logs into bank servers differently than we do as consumers; often they are different servers entirely. And financial institutions may limit application logins at times of heavy load or maintenance procedures even though the consumer portal remains operational. So just because you can log into your bank, it doesn't mean that Quicken can. Often, waiting a day resolves issues with Quicken logins if a bank is temporarily blocking or  throttling down how many connections it allows.

I'm not saying that explains your immediate problem; I'm just offering this for general understanding as you move forward with Quicken, so you don;'t get very frustrated at times when Quicken isn't able to update your data.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @tmgeis

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Thank you as well for having the log file attached with the error you've received. With the error you've received  (AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR) you'll need to contact  Quicken Support so that we're able to assist you. This is something that we need to look into  to find out exactly what's going on so that we're able to get you back up and running, I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @tmgeis  One thing to understand in general is that Quicken logs into bank servers differently than we do as consumers; often they are different servers entirely. And financial institutions may limit application logins at times of heavy load or maintenance procedures even though the consumer portal remains operational. So just because you can log into your bank, it doesn't mean that Quicken can. Often, waiting a day resolves issues with Quicken logins if a bank is temporarily blocking or  throttling down how many connections it allows.

I'm not saying that explains your immediate problem; I'm just offering this for general understanding as you move forward with Quicken, so you don;'t get very frustrated at times when Quicken isn't able to update your data.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • tmgeis
    tmgeis Member ✭✭
    @jacobs Thank you for your thoughtful reply and explanation. I wish it lessened by disappointment. I have been using YNAB for a while and just switched over to Quicken. I have never had a problem connecting with my banks and downloading my data through YNAB's platform which presumably faces similar portal limitations as Quicken.

Further, if what you are saying is correct, it is doubly frustrating that the title notice in the error message box is "The Citibank website may be down" and that the only recourse is to "verify that you can connect to your bank," which of course works.

But again, much appreciate your explanation.