PNC account not downloading

emdruy
emdruy Member ✭✭
I posted this several days ago and was told that the issue was resolved. It is not, and I still cannot download transactions from PNC Checking to Quicken for Mac. If this cannot be resolved, I will not have much use for the app going forward.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @emdruy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been reported and is still ongoing. We have opened an escalation ticket and our teams are working on a solution, but there is currently no ETA. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @emdruy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been reported and is still ongoing. We have opened an escalation ticket and our teams are working on a solution, but there is currently no ETA. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dmoffa
    dmoffa Member ✭✭
    I have had on and off issues with PNC not downloading for months. This is nothing new. What seems to be the issue?
  • I've been having the same issue for the past couple of weeks (Windows Quicken). I am unable to update my PNC accounts. I did try going to their website and exporting to Quicken; this worked once but not again.
  • emdruy
    emdruy Member ✭✭
    They keep saying they're working on it, but no joy yet. Without this capability, it significantly detracts from any reason why I keep the service.
  • haven't been able to update my PNC accounts since last may. just cancelled subscription renewal. pointless f-in software.
  • emdruy
    emdruy Member ✭✭
    I agree. It seems that Quicken is having difficulty downloading transactions from multiple different financial institutions. Without the ability to download transactions there is no point in subscribing anymore. Just to write a check doesn’t seem worthwhile, since most of my monthly payees are now auto-debited.
  • I just got off the phone with PNC and was told they are aware of the issue which was introduced by a software update on their side (i.e. not Quicken) and there is NO PLAN TO RESOLVE IT. The workaround is to manually enter information into Quicken. I provided them feedback that this is unacceptable. It might help if many people provided the same feedback to PNC, assuming this is truly a PNC issue.

I would also like to see a response from Quicken advising customers of the real situation. I sent my logfiles to Quicken support on Feb3 as requested and have heard nothing back, not even a confirmation of receiving the files. Is this an issue with Quicken software, PNC software or an integration issue i.e. both Quicken & PNC. Quicken should also collect all their customer feedback on this issue and apply leverage to PNC to fix this.

In addition, now that Quicken has moved to a subscription-fee pricing model, they should be providing compensation to everyone who is impacted by this failure of service. For me this has been an issue since at least October.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @eriddington24  I can understand your frustration at the situation, but why would you expect Quicken to compensate you because a financial institution has cut off access to Quicken?

I'll opine that it's unrealistic expectation, because Quicken would need to establish the value of connectivity to each institution their customers use, and then parcel out micro refunds whenever connectivity to any of the more than 10,000 financial institutions is disrupted. It would be a logistical nightmare, and seems wholly impractical. If a financial institution decides not to allow certain types of external connectivity for security reasons or because they no longer wish to pay Intuit (the third party which handles connectivity for Quicken), it's their prerogative -- but expecting Quicken to turn around and issue refunds to customers over such decisions made by the financial institutions just isn't realistic. Quicken customers have the power to lobby their financial institutions, as you wrote above, and ultimately to vote on Quicken's usefulness by not renewing their subscriptions.

One further note that might be slightly hopeful: the first-tier support representatives at financial institutions quite often don't know the details of the arrangements and functionality between their systems and Intuit's/Quicken's. Unless you got to speak to someone at PNC who is directly involved and knowledgeable about the connectivity issues, it may be that the information you received is not accurate, or at least incomplete; it's possible this isn't the complete dead end that was described to you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • DEW1
    DEW1 Member
    edited March 2021
    Today is 3/22/21 and I am still having this issue. [Removed- No Soliciting]
    I have been using this program since version 1. Many many years and am now tired of this problem and the apparent disregard for a solution.
This discussion has been closed.