Trying to Change plan

douglasnoades
douglasnoades Member ✭✭
Hello, I am trying to downgrade from premier to basic.
There is 1 week left in my membership. There is no "Change Plan option visible on my account page. How can I resolve this issue.
Thank you in advance

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    The two available plans are Deluxe and Starter (there is no basic).  If you are planing to renew your subscription, you could purchase the desired plan from a retailer and then renew with the auth code they provide.  That worked for me.  Otherwise, I'd suggest contacting support.  There is a help faqs for managing your subscription:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-subscription-membership-faqs

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @douglasnoades,

Given that you are literally "days away" from your current subscription expiring, I doubt that the system would allow you to downgrade now.   

At the current annual subscription prices - your 1 week of Premier is worth $1.50, so that theoretically buy you an extra week of Starter edition usage (BTW, I assume that when you say you want the "basic" level, I assume that you mean "Starter" instead).  And, if you were able to do the downgrade now, and then decide not to renew your Starter subscription in two weeks time, your Quicken file will become "read only" with no ability to change or add additional data manually.

If you do plan to continue using Quicken at the Starter level going forward, I would suggest that you go to "Help" > "My Quicken Account".

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Change Plan information is under Managing billing and auto-renew preferences.  I noticed the following there which seems to conflict with the extra week information @Frankx provided.  
        A downgrade does not prorate. The current membership plan will expire on the
        original expiration date and the new, downgraded plan will begin after that.  

The rules may have changed recently.  There is a separate section about Activating a retail purchase 
    if that is of interest to you.  When I renewed, changing from Premier to Deluxe, my new renewal date was extended by a couple weeks more than the year I purchased.

Quicken user since 1995

• Thank you for your answer,
    My issue is not to prorate or refunds. I just want my renewal, when it comes due
    to be downgraded to the Starter edition instead of Premium.
    I hear what you are saying but I don't know where you are seeing it.
    I have logged into my account page and the only info there is my personal profile. Nothing regarding "Change Plan" or managing preferences etc.
    Am I missing something here
    Thanks
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    from posting above - by @jrich75
    The Change Plan information - https://www.quicken.com/my-account
    is under Managing billing and auto-renew preferences.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Just to be sure were on the same page, are you looking under Help, My Quicken Account and then Manage under Membership & Subscriptions.  That's where I see Change Plan.  If you don't have it, I'd suggest contacting support to see what they can do.

As I said, I used Help, Enter Activation Code because I had purchased a retail copy.

Quicken user since 1995

• Again Thanks but nothing like that on my account page.
    Attaching screenshot
    Best regards
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    There might be certain situations where the Manage does not appear -
    like on mine - https://www.quicken.com/my-account

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    douglasnoades said: Again Thanks but nothing like that on my account page.
    Hmmmm.....
    Your screen shot doesn't even show your current Membership or Quicken Version ?
    So - Are you using the US or the Canada version of Quicken ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Again Thanks but nothing like that on my account page.
    Attaching screenshot
    Best regards
    Strange.  There should be several additional sections below what you show.
    If you haven't done so, you might try using your browser to go to the web address directly rather than through the Quicken program.  See above @Ps56k2's image for the direct link.

Quicken user since 1995

• Canada version
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh.  So you have to purchase through Quicken.com.  If you can't downgrade from the web site, it would be a good idea to contact support.

Quicken user since 1995

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Canada version
    Guess we should have asked in the beginning -
    What Version and Release ........  Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Basically the two are about the same except for web services and banks.
    I'm using R28.15 2018 Deluxe edition.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    The US patch R31.5 upgraded the help content.a few versions ago. Did anything similar happen for you?  Our Quicken Account information now just links to the account data on the web page.
    • Improved: Redesigned the help content. Help can now be accessed online. An offline option is still available.

Quicken user since 1995

• Hello, I would not know as I did not have to use the help option and I cannot reach Support, by chat so I will have to call them up.
    Thanks for your help
This discussion has been closed.