Quicken 2020 crashes when trying to add Scan attachment

This was working for several months and then started crashing. When attempting to add a scanned attachment to Quicken it silently crashes. No errors, just dialog to submit the logs. Normally a box should pop up to inquire about what scanner I want to use. Quicken 2020 is up-to-date, Windows 10 Pro is up-to-date, Brother ADS-1250W scanner software was removed with Brother removal tool and reinstalled with latest software/drivers. Looked at the driver and it was still using a generic Windows driver so I changed it to the Brother driver. Firmware updated on the scanner. Scanner works with other programs.

Answers

• Hello @TandS

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd that it keeps crashing. I'm wondering if we might be able to fix it by resetting the printer settings. This is a good first step to try as it's fairly easy to do.

Across the top select file > file operations > validate and repair > reset all quicken printer settings

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know how it goes. Once you've done so let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco