American Express

Options
I cannot login with the web version or the mobile version to american express, it just keeps saying "To connect to American Express, you must re-enter your credentials. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at American Express to ensure they are correct." and eventually locks my american express account. So I log in to the american express website and recover my account and reset my password and try again and again, and always the same problem.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @ghwright3

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if the accounts might not by syncing correctly from your desktop to the mobile app and that's causing the issue. 

Inside of you Quicken program let's reset the cloud to see if we're able to get signed in properly. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.
    Once you've done this see if you're able to get your AmEx account to connect. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• ghwright3
    ghwright3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So I go to * Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID but there is no Mobile & Alerts.

I went to Mobile & Web above it and I noticed that Sync is turned off for Mobile & Web apps?
  • ghwright3
    ghwright3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I turned on Sync in Mobile & Web and there is a Reset you cloud data in there... will try that.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @ghwright3

Thanks for letting me know. That could potentially be the reason we were having issues since it wasn't theoretically on. Please do let me know how it goes once you're able to reset it and get it back up again.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • ghwright3
    ghwright3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So turned on Sync in Mobile & Web and Reset the data in there, then American Express disappears in the web and mobile apps...I found the Mobile & Web tab in Quicken and had to check it to sync and it all works now
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @ghwright3

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you were able to get it working after taking another look. If you do run into any further issues please let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.