Does quicken setup their own acct number for updating bank accounts?

Quicken auto filled the account number for my savings acct and its not the same as the bank's. The routing number is correct but the bank has no idea what that number refers to. It still updates everything fine. Does quicken use their own acct number? Unfortunately I didn't know the account number for my savings so I looked it up on quicken account details and made an ach payment to IRS using that number. It went through according to EFTPS but didn't go thru my account. Bank has no idea what that number from quicken is to. Someone is going to have $2000 removed from their account. I hope it me and not someone else!

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The account number that appears in the Account Details window when we set up the Online Services is an identifier for the account Quicken obtained from the connection method.  It is not reliably the account number for the account at the financial institution.  When using the Web Connect or Direct Connect connection method, the identifier is provided by the financial institution.  When we use the Express Web Connect connection method, the identifier is provided by Intuit.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The account number that appears in the Account Details window when we set up the Online Services is an identifier for the account Quicken obtained from the connection method.  It is not reliably the account number for the account at the financial institution.  When using the Web Connect or Direct Connect connection method, the identifier is provided by the financial institution.  When we use the Express Web Connect connection method, the identifier is provided by Intuit.
  • Ok, thank you. My bank says they have no idea what that number is and I should call Quicken. IRS says the check went thru but it does no show on my acct so far. It does not sound like that identifier number will work for transferring money from my bank acct to IRS. I guess I will wait and see who gets mad at me first!
This discussion has been closed.