Quicken for Mac Account Update not downloading new transactions for all accounts

Last week, there were issues with Account Update and I got an error that Quicken servers were having issues. This week, I have several credit card and checking accounts that are not updating with new transactions. Only one of 15 accounts got a new transaction. When I download manually, the new transactions update as expected.

This is getting very frustrating, to be sure. Is this an issue for anyone else today?

Answers

• Same problem here. On chat with support now.
  • Rich R
    Rich R Member ✭✭
    Good to know it's not just me. I should have added that I'm not getting errors reported in Account Status after it tries to update the accounts.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rich R

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you are still experiencing this trouble. Please choose Quicken from the menu bar and choose sign out and then sign back in with your existing ID.

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once and let me know the results. Do you receive any error messages or downloaded transactions?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Rich R
    Rich R Member ✭✭
    After signing out and back in, I received updates to five accounts. I'd like to understand how signing out and back in could possibly have affected this in any way? Yesterday, one account was updated, but several weren't. From my perspective, the only thing that has changed is timing on when I updated the account.

I am very curious to know if you guys fixed something with updates between yesterday and today?
  • Rich R
    Rich R Member ✭✭
    I need to modify what I said above. Eleven accounts were listed as having downloaded new transactions. Only five of those were marked with the blue status dot. Of those, only two accounts listed new transactions in the account register.

I can explain some of this, because I had manually downloaded the transactions yesterday. Why is this so inconsistent as to which accounts were updated and which ones actually had new transactions? It's hard to trust the blue status dots at all given this level of inconsistency.
  • Dlaraneta
    Dlaraneta Member ✭✭
    Same problem
  • DocHolliday
    Just Now

Nice to see some posts that resemble my problem. I have the premier level. Try to set it up as I may, I could not automatically download my transactions, as previous levels of Quicken allowed. I know, with COVID and all that support is horribly slow or nonexistent. I allow for employee safety in my want for support.
    But today, after an extraordinary wait time, I got through to tech support. It seems that if you exceed the 6-15 character password that Quicken supports, you are hosed. Since Safari and my password app both exceed this limit, all my financial passwords are to long for Quicken to allow.
    Thus, I have to redo all my passwords to conform to what Quicken allows, or download my information manually. Manually? As if I have no better thing to do with my day?
    Things were quirky. Before, numbers did not add up. I was constantly having to reconcile my accounts as Quicken just could not get it right.
    I am not happy with Quicken's lack of tight security. Has anyone found a wrap around other than manually downloading transactions?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @DocHolliday  Quicken generally supports the number of characters each financial institution supports, up to the 32-character maximum for the OFX standard. I doubt that any institution is limited to 6 characters. Some limit passwords to some other length, such as 20 characters.

I suppose one easy test would be to change your password on one account at one financial institution to perhaps an 8-character password; then go into Quicken, enter that password, and see if it works. If not, then your problem is something other than the password. It yes, there's a way to check the log file to see what the financial institution sent -- and in that log will be their maximum number of characters. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Steves51
    Steves51 Member
    I have it over most of my accounts and computers. I get some fixed but it is a long slow process. My ISP is xfinity / comcast
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Steves51,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in February, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a brief, but detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, any error codes and/or messages (if applicable) as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Quicken > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.