Capital One Credit Card "COULD NOT CONNECT UNSUPPORTED URL msg"

I have been able to download from Capital One credit cards. BUT I keep getting this ERROR MSG above... UNSUPPORTED URL.. I have deactivated accounts and reconnected, but same thing. Using link CAPITAL ONE CARD CURRENT. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I use Capital One Card Services and haven't had any issues like what you've described above.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @euromixer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, are you receiving any specific error code(s) associated with the error message that you can provide us with here?

Since you mentioned having tried to deactivate and reactivate the account(s); May I ask if you reactivated through the Set Up Now button under the Online Services tab found in the Account Details, or did you reactivate through Add Account

If it was through Set Up Now, then to start with, I suggest that you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue again, and then try reactivating them through Add Account instead.

If needed, please follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Then, once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name, and follow the prompts to connect. If successful, once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    Using version: 6.1.1 Quicken for Mac.
    There are NO ERROR CODES. It simply says "Unable to Connect. Unsupported URL" ..... and yet downloads are occurring from these accounts.
    I deactivated/activated the accounts by RIGHT MOUSE CLICKING in the account list on the left account panel and choosing EDIT <account name> SETTINGS.
    My version of Q for Mac 6.1.1 does NOT have a TOOLS button in the toolbar
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @euromixer

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

This message may indicate that an incorrect banking option has been selected from the bank list. Which option are you choosing to connect?

I personally can successfully update using the Capital One card-Current option. Please let me know what you find so we can recommend the next best step.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    The thing is I can download information.. But I keep getting the error message unsupported URL. And yet despite that, the information downloads. Any ideas?
    ~ Tom ~
  • euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    I am using CAPITAL ONE - CURRENT... should I use the Capital One Card Services instead? I can connect and download using the CO-Current
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I use Capital One Card Services and haven't had any issues like what you've described above.
  • euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you.. maybe I should try changing to Capital One Card Services. Appreciate the suggestion
  • euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    Wow.. This members board is wonderful. Thank you Austin and everyone else. I changed institution to CAPITAL ONE CARD SERVICES and problem resolved. Apparently the old one was OLD hence it said UNSUPPORTED URL... yet it downloaded data which is interesting.. but thanks so much!! All is well now :-)
This discussion has been closed.