How to Create a Report of Outstanding credit card Charges by category (Q Mac)

bob.wherley
bob.wherley Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Mac)
Long time Quicken for Windows user here. I have just converted to Quicken for Mac and am having trouble generating a report that would list by category all of my outstanding (unreconciled) credit card debt. On the Windows version, I would select the credit card accounts as well as the categories I was interested in and further select only listing unreconciled transactions. The resulting report allowed me to see what outstanding credit card charges I have by category. I can't seem to limit the report to just those transactions that are outstanding (i.e., not paid off).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately, there's no option in the Reports engine to filter for unreconciled transactions. However, you can kinda do this in the register directly (except that you can only limit it to one category or all categories). Here's how:
    1. Select a credit card account in the sidebar. Or select the group register Credit Card. (If you want only a subset of your credit card accounts, use the All Credit  Card Accounts filter dropdown to select the ones you want.)
    2. If you want to limit to one category only, click the magnifying glass in the search box, top right, then select Category. Type the categories of interest in the box. Otherwise, you will get all categories.
    3. Click the Status filter dropdown and select Uncleared. (Not exactly the same as Unreconciled but maybe close enough for your purpose.) Alternatively, use the Not Reviewed filter if you are in the habit of marking transactions as reviewed (clearing the status column icon) when a transaction is reconciled.
    4. To generate this as a report by category, select menu File > Print. In the Format As popup, choose Category Detail. Check or uncheck the Include Scheduled Transactions box as desired. Click OK.
    5. A print dialog will open. If you want to see this as a PDF without printing first, click the PDF popup in the lower left corner of the Print dialog and choose Open in Preview.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately, there's no option in the Reports engine to filter for unreconciled transactions. However, you can kinda do this in the register directly (except that you can only limit it to one category or all categories). Here's how:
    1. Select a credit card account in the sidebar. Or select the group register Credit Card. (If you want only a subset of your credit card accounts, use the All Credit  Card Accounts filter dropdown to select the ones you want.)
    2. If you want to limit to one category only, click the magnifying glass in the search box, top right, then select Category. Type the categories of interest in the box. Otherwise, you will get all categories.
    3. Click the Status filter dropdown and select Uncleared. (Not exactly the same as Unreconciled but maybe close enough for your purpose.) Alternatively, use the Not Reviewed filter if you are in the habit of marking transactions as reviewed (clearing the status column icon) when a transaction is reconciled.
    4. To generate this as a report by category, select menu File > Print. In the Format As popup, choose Category Detail. Check or uncheck the Include Scheduled Transactions box as desired. Click OK.
    5. A print dialog will open. If you want to see this as a PDF without printing first, click the PDF popup in the lower left corner of the Print dialog and choose Open in Preview.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @bob.wherley  There is an Idea thread -- a request for the developers to add a new feature -- about this topic which you can find here. Please vote for this idea. Take a few seconds to click on the link, locate the big blue box under the first post, and click the little gray triangle under the vote counter to see your vote counted.

That topic has 40 total votes as of this writing (29 "legacy" voted from the previous community platform, and 11 since switching to this platform). That topic is marked as "Under Consideration" by the product development team, and more votes could help persuade the developers to implement it. User votes do influence which features the developers pursue.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.