OSU Updates for EWC Accounts Still Way To Slow

Options
guybyny
guybyny Member ✭✭
Improved to 90 seconds for 6 EWC accounts (as opposed to 10 seconds for 6 DC accounts). This is unacceptable and if Quicken considers this RESOLVED then please cancel my renewal.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    These days more and more I'm not looking at a lot of these threads because I find that the features discussed are always problematic and basically we as users are powerless to help anyone.  (the problems are systematic).

Since the change over to QCS Express Web Connect is now unfortunately on that list of why bother looking at it threads.  But just scanning the threads it seems that it either falls into three categories of problems (the ones that don't include the actual problems with the financial institution).  1) Not picking up transactions.  2) Slow performance.  3) Sync messed up.

And it seems like 1 and 2 are "opposites".  As in as they try to fix #1 they cause #2.  As they try to fix #2 they cause #1.

#3 is just because of the fact that sync hasn't every worked right, but it has especially gotten bad since they started switching to QCS.

The very fact that this is the suggested workaround:

Would bug the hell out of me. It is just like "Reset could data".
    It is admitting that the system gets "hung up/corrupts data", and that should never be the "standard operating procedure".

On a personal level my "solution" is to avoid all the buggy features/services, but that is getting pretty hard to do.  I use to have 3 financial institutions that required Express Web Connect.  PayPal, Macy's, and Synchrony.  Synchrony never worked right and I only have an interest payment on most months, so it went to manual entry.  PayPal I was downloading because of customer payments.  Solved that, by stopping charging for ImportQIF.  That leaves Macy's, which I can't get rid of because my wife loves it.  So I switched to FDS on it.  What will happen when that goes away?  Luckily even though my wife loves the discounts on it, she doesn't buy much there.  And as such it will go to manual.

I feel sorry for the people that really have rely on these services working right.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @guybyny,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FDS channel seems a lot faster performance.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @guybyny

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, EWC is still slow. I have gotten into the habit of including my EWC accounts in OSU only once or twice a week, instead of daily. In fact, I rarely use my EWC accounts because they are EWC accounts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    These days more and more I'm not looking at a lot of these threads because I find that the features discussed are always problematic and basically we as users are powerless to help anyone.  (the problems are systematic).

Since the change over to QCS Express Web Connect is now unfortunately on that list of why bother looking at it threads.  But just scanning the threads it seems that it either falls into three categories of problems (the ones that don't include the actual problems with the financial institution).  1) Not picking up transactions.  2) Slow performance.  3) Sync messed up.

And it seems like 1 and 2 are "opposites".  As in as they try to fix #1 they cause #2.  As they try to fix #2 they cause #1.

#3 is just because of the fact that sync hasn't every worked right, but it has especially gotten bad since they started switching to QCS.

The very fact that this is the suggested workaround:

Would bug the hell out of me. It is just like "Reset could data".
    It is admitting that the system gets "hung up/corrupts data", and that should never be the "standard operating procedure".

On a personal level my "solution" is to avoid all the buggy features/services, but that is getting pretty hard to do.  I use to have 3 financial institutions that required Express Web Connect.  PayPal, Macy's, and Synchrony.  Synchrony never worked right and I only have an interest payment on most months, so it went to manual entry.  PayPal I was downloading because of customer payments.  Solved that, by stopping charging for ImportQIF.  That leaves Macy's, which I can't get rid of because my wife loves it.  So I switched to FDS on it.  What will happen when that goes away?  Luckily even though my wife loves the discounts on it, she doesn't buy much there.  And as such it will go to manual.

I feel sorry for the people that really have rely on these services working right.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.