:s
Why is This program is losing my data.

Best Answer

Answers

• Its not saving what i put in.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Clifford Williams

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Do you receive any error codes or messages? Is this happening in every single account or just one account?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • When I reconcile an account and go to the next month the beginning balance is wrong and some of my data is missing
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The beginning balance of a reconcile is a calculated, not stored figure.  It represents the sum of ALL transactions (including any future dated transaction) that have an "R" in the CLR field.
    SO, if the Prior Balance disagrees with what's on your statement, one, or more, of the following has happened.
    • You deleted a transaction with the "R"
    • You manually changed the "R" to something else, or changed something else to "R"
    • You manually input a transaction and gave it the "R"
    • You deleted the other side of a transfer that had an "R" in this side.
    • You changed the amount of a transaction that had the "R"
    The only way to remedy this is to pull your old transactions and work backward in time until you find the statement end date, and amount, that match what's in Q.
    Then UNreconcile everything after that point (select all transactions and change the "R" to "c") and re-reconcile month by month until the error is found.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.