I am able to sync my AMEX account on my desktop but keep getting a CC-580 when attempting sync web

I am able to sync my AMEX account on my desktop but keep getting a CC-580 when attempting to sync and setup for mobile app on web

Answers

• hzandman
    hzandman Member ✭✭
    saw that there were comments on this in April 2020 with the comment - f the trouble persists, after completing the above steps in the above article you will need to contact support directly for further assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

What came of that so I do not have to reinvent the wheel here since it is my exact issue. (@sequimbob)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @hzandman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. First, I would recommend changing the connection type to Direct Connect.

Direct Connect is free for American Express and is their preferred connection method. I have included the steps to do so at the link below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-change-bank-connection-method

If you continue to experience trouble, please allow 24 hours before attempting to connect once more. 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • hzandman
    hzandman Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response but, I am already and have been for a long time, using “Direct Connect” as the connection for my AMEX accounts.

Again, I am able to connect thru my desktop connection but not in my Mobile or Web App link – this is just with AMEX and no other providers.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @hzandman

Thank you for the response and the clarification, although I apologize for any confusion.

If you have not done so already, I would next take a moment to review the steps. and information available here.

Please let me know if the error persists after completing these steps.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • sriegelh
    sriegelh Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. My accounts sync to the desktop just fine (using Direct Connect) but, when I go to Mobile & Web -> Add or Remove accounts to sync in order to sync my Amex accounts to my mobile devices, I get a CC-580 ("A connection to your financial institution could not be established...") This has been a longstanding issue and has not been resolved by following the troubleshooting steps you'd referenced. It happens *only* with Amex accounts for me.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sriegelh

Thank you for the response and the additional details. American Express blocks connectivity on Mondays.

I would wait 24 hours before attempting to connect once more. If the trouble persists, I would follow the steps outline here and contact support directly for assistance.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.