I no longer able to create an investment? Q2014 won't allow reconciliation ticker symbol

jeffreylepak5002
jeffreylepak5002 Member
edited March 2021 in Investing (Windows)
I want to create new fund files. Q does a pop to identify the investment . I know the ticker symbol and the name but Q won't reconcile. Q says I have to log on to quicken. Drives to a pop screen to log into Q but its a blank frame/screen. I using Q2014. I have several Q log/passwords. But again I don't get a log in screen to log in to reconcile the ticker symbol.
Also I am not requesting Q to track the investment.

Answers

• I want to create new fund files. Q does a pop to identify the investment . I know the ticker symbol and the name but Q won't reconcile. Q says I have to log on to quicken. Drives to a pop screen to log into Q but its a blank frame/screen. I using Q2014. I have several Q log/passwords. But again I don't get a log in screen to log in to reconcile the ticker symbol.
    Also I am not requesting Q to track the investment.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    As support for Online Services for Quicken 2014 were discontinued in April of 2017, I suggest you create the new security manually and use an offline investment account if you wish to track the investment.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just be clear:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • yes, no. As Sherlock suggested. I am setting up the investment manually because the software is outdated. I am passed this screen shot. technically to the next screen shot when you are forced to put the fund ticker symbol or name. I know both the symbol and stock name. I can type it in but Quicken won't accept it unless I connect to Quicken (web). Okay. But then Quicken says I don't have an account. Yet here I am talking to you and Sherlock via my account. To me, I should be able to type in the ticker symbol and or the fund name. I am not asking Quicken to track my account or update it.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    To be even more clear, on the Add Security screenshot above, you should leave the symbol or name box blank and click where it says Click here at the bottom. That should get you past any attempt to look up the security online and let you enter the security info manually. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • I got it to work-solved my problem. What I did is create the investment. Created a transaction. Under buy transaction, for example, the security name is the upper right. I have the ability "add a security" I want then able to paste in the ticker symbol and investment name and save it. I just could not do it when I created the account.