I'M LOOKING TO SEE MY jANUARY'S BANK RECONCILLATION????

Options
CAN'T FIND IT IN REPORTS

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken does not preserve report results.  If we want to save the results of a report, we may print the report to a file. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You should be able to see see the date of a deposit in Quicken by looking in the account's register.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Did you save that reconciliation report when you created it?  Q doesn't do so automatically.  There's no "historical record" of past reconciliations other than the impacted transactions having an "R" recorded in the CLR column.
    And, why are you trying to find that report?  There may be another way to get what you want.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken does not preserve report results.  If we want to save the results of a report, we may print the report to a file. 
  • ANNA MARIE
    Options
    hI Thank you for trying to help. I have quickbooks at work and you can always go back to see the previous reconcilation. I wanted to see if a deposit was put into January or February. I seem to be off on my reconcillation for Feb.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You should be able to see see the date of a deposit in Quicken by looking in the account's register.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems like what you want is the same feature that Quicken Mac has, but Quicken Windows doesn't have:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7889249/quicken-windows-should-implement-the-reconcile-history-re-reconcile-that-quicken-mac-has

It hasn't gotten many votes, but with the recent rash of people reporting problems with reconciling, you would think there would be more.

Not to mention the fact that syncing to Mobile/Web has been caught deleting/changing transactions, reconcile states and various other kinds or problem like it that would mean that the reconcile balance that Quicken starts each reconcile with would be wrong.

Note if you aren't aware of how Quicken does this the reconcile balance it starts with is the total of all the reconciled transactions up to that point.  If any of them get changed in any way it will be off.  And it is becoming quite clear to me that if you use all the functionality that Quicken advertises there is a strong possibility that Quicken at some point is going to mess up one of these transactions and you are going to have to find that needle in a haystack.

Of course it would be better if Quicken didn't allow/do this, but this isn't the case.
    Note there is an option Edit -> Preferences -> Notify -> Before changing reconciled transactions

You would think that would say people from messing up their past reconciled transactions, and I think it does for the most part.  I think I can find some paths to change things where it doesn't ask (in investment accounts for instance), but mostly I think it does work.  The problem is when there is a bug in Quicken (like in the syncing of data with the Quicken cloud account that now happens not only just for Mobile/Web, but for Express Web Connect, and maybe even for other situations) it is Quicken that is messing things up and of course it doesn't care what that setting says.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ANNA MARIE
    ANNA MARIE Member
    Options
    I have to totally agree.
This discussion has been closed.