Problem with passwords while attempting account updates

Options
Seeing a new issue with passwords this morning. In one step update, it asks for passwords to 2 (of 6) accounts, even though the passwords were already entered. The only available response to this message is to click "OK", but the same message returns again.

Nothing I tried worked. Tried resetting the accounts, using the single update from the transaction register, exiting and reentering the program... same result.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. (Using desktop version, all 6 accounts are direct connect, I don't use the password vault.)

Best Answer

• Fred Coale
    Fred Coale Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Solved. Deactivated then (re-)Activated online services for the problem accounts. Works fine now. (Why? I don't know, but it worked.)

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Fred Coale,

Is it one bank or two and what are their names?  This will help us to rule-out whether those banks have issues affecting other users.

Have you tried logging-in to the 2 accounts via the web to see if the bank(s) may have changed their log-in requirements?  If not, please try that.  This step will also validate that your password is correct.

If that doesn't work - try closing out Quicken and then restarting.

Let me know what happens.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Fred Coale
    Fred Coale Member ✭✭
    Options
    Frankx: The institutions are AMEX and Fifth Third. I can log in via their websites. Already tried exiting and reentering the program.

The problem is definitely within Quicken itself (not a connection issue). Quicken behaves as if a password wasn't entered, but it's there (see attached image). Curious part is just these two accounts, the others work fine.
  • Fred Coale
    Fred Coale Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Solved. Deactivated then (re-)Activated online services for the problem accounts. Works fine now. (Why? I don't know, but it worked.)
This discussion has been closed.