privacy and canceling

Options
I have two questions:
1) If I don't use Quicken on the Web, do you collect any of my data -- accounts, balances, etc.? Your privacy policy suggests you will turn it over to others, even if I'm using only a local installation and not using any online services like billpay or Quicken on the Web.

2) why isn't there a trial option? There's a long, sordid history of companies offering refunds but making it impossible to actually get one (e.g., you must call & hold times are hours-long, etc.). If I wanted my money back is it 100% online?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have two questions:
    Your privacy policy suggests you will turn it over to others, 
    Note "turn it over to others" can be "misinterpreted".

Express Web Connect works by the Intuit servers logging in as you to fetch your transactions, which are then cached on their server ready for Quicken to pick up when you run One Step Update.  Quicken Inc pays Intuit for this service.

So in this case "others" is Intuit, which is their "aggregator service provider".
    "others" isn't just some firm that would like to have information about you.

The same goes for other services like the credit score, Zillow estimates, ...
    The "other" is the service provider.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) If any of your online accounts use Express Web Connect, your account information is stored on the web.

2) There is a 30 day money back guarantee.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have two questions:
    Your privacy policy suggests you will turn it over to others, 
    Note "turn it over to others" can be "misinterpreted".

Express Web Connect works by the Intuit servers logging in as you to fetch your transactions, which are then cached on their server ready for Quicken to pick up when you run One Step Update.  Quicken Inc pays Intuit for this service.

So in this case "others" is Intuit, which is their "aggregator service provider".
    "others" isn't just some firm that would like to have information about you.

The same goes for other services like the credit score, Zillow estimates, ...
    The "other" is the service provider.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.