Health Equity no longer supports transaction downloads

From my recent discussion with Health Equity Member Services:
COMMUNICATION HISTORY

Customer (xxxxxxxx) via channel 'Help Center' 02/18/2021 08:20 AM
It is confusing to me why the only information provided about Quicken on HE site says the download can be easily set up in Quicken. https://answers.healthequity.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/985/kw/quicken
Agent (Cathy C.) via channel 'Email' 02/18/2021 07:40 AM
Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your message. Due to a difference in security measures, at this time we are no longer working with Quicken for integration with our accounts.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

You can also find answers to your account questions by going to https://answers.healthequity.com.

We appreciate you!
Cathy
HealthEquity Member Services

Customer (xxxx) Help Center' 02/16/2021 10:06 AM
Hi. My Quicken program stopped downloading HE transactions around the first of February. I have been through troubleshooting with Quicken support and determined it is not an application issue. Has something changed on the HE end to prevent transactions from downloading? FYI, the online balance shown in quicken matches the HE website amount.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I executed a download from HE just this morning ... but there were no transactions to download but the effort went without problem.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• tron0458
    tron0458 Member ✭✭
    Right. There is no problem connecting to Health Equity -- no error messages or such. There are multiple transactions since the 1st of February, but none will download into Quicken. Based on the HE response, the issue is on their side AND have no plans to fix it. Of course, HE blames Quicken "Due to a difference in security measures, we are no longer working with Quicken for integration with our accounts" :-(
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of account do you have at HE?  My wife has a credit card to tap HSA funds, but no investments at HE.
    Q doesn't download investment transaction from HE.

• bumgarb
    bumgarb Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. My wife has a credit card from HealthEquity (HE) to use HSA funds. We do not have any "investments" with HE. The last successfully downloaded transaction was February 1, 2021. When I attempt to update transactions in Quicken, I get no error messages... but no new transactions download. Checking the HE account, it shows about a dozen new transactions since Feb 1. I've tried resetting the account in Quicken and disconnecting/reconnecting in Quicken. It certainly appears that HE is no longer allowing transaction downloads through Quicken. Guess I'll go the manual route again...
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    This is curious.  Because my wife's HSA is also with HE ... and as you can see in the graphic, I had no problem downloading s bit ago..
    So let's try a little exploring.
    Do HELP, Log Files, OFXLog.  Save this to your desktop and open it with WordPad or NotePad (NOT MS Word).
    From the bottom, search upwards for the word Equity (that should find HE).  The file is simple text, but it's a bit convoluted to read.  Can you see anything there that might shed light on the issue?

• bumgarb
    bumgarb Member ✭✭
    I didn't do or try anything, but it suddenly worked today and downloaded all my transactions since February 1st, the last time I had a successful download. I too had reached out to HE and got the line about no longer integrating/supporting Quicken downloads. Don't know if that means they've changed their minds or if the support is just making crap up. Thanks.
  • I have both the HSA (with card) and the HSA investments account with HealthEquity. This created 2 accounts in my register - one in banking for HSA the other in investments for HSA. Like others the HSA banking register has recently been updating. The HSA investment is not connected, and with a online reset - it does not exist as an account for download? I guess it is time to enter it manually for a while...
This discussion has been closed.