Renewal not kicking in

douglasnoades
douglasnoades Member ✭✭
Hello all,
I am using Quicken Deluxe (Canada) vs R28.15.
My renewal was due today, the banner indicated "Renew now" so I did.
This was a straight forward operation, paid for and confirmed by Quicken.
In "My account" my subscription shows renewed and good until 2022 but in my "About Quicken" menu it still shows expired and the banner is still present.
I have logged out and in a few times, re started, tried all the on line suggestions but the expired banner is still present.
As trying to reach Support is useless with Quicken, I wonder if anybody has this problem.
Thanks

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to double-check, click on "Help" and then select "Check Membership Status." If it says "Your Membership is up to date" then you should be OK. Perhaps the "about Quicken" link hasn't had an opportunity to update if you just renewed.

I'm just guessing but maybe the system is verifying if your credit card information is valid and it may just take a while. Kind of like an online business notifying you that your credit card has been credited for a return purchase but it takes several days to appear in your credit card account
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @douglasnoades,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To clarify; when you attempted to sign out and back in, did you do so through preferences (not just by closing and reopening the program)? If you haven't already, then I suggest you try doing so by signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• douglasnoades
    douglasnoades Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your input.
    Actually, I tried it a few times wioth no results.
    It's strange because after I sign back on I get the "Success page" and when I click on "Done" my Quicken Register page opens for a couple of seconds without th banner but then the banner returns
  • Quicken Anja
    @douglasnoades Thanks for the update, although that certainly is strange behavior.

If you don't mind, next, I'd like to have you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to be taken to the new/empty data file and you can then close the Add Account window.

Once you are in the new data file, see if you still receive the expiration banner, and also navigate to Help > About Quicken to see whether or not it will show as expired in this test file as well. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• douglasnoades
    douglasnoades Member ✭✭
    I tried it out, even with a new account I still get the "Expired" in About Quicken and the new account opens with the banner
  • Quicken Anja
    @douglasnoades Thanks for trying that! 

In the meantime, I went ahead and took the liberty of checking your account with us and found that you renewed under a U.S. subscription instead of a Canadian Subscription. This is likely what is causing you to still see the expiration banner.

That said, please call Quicken Support directly to have this mistake corrected. Our support agents will have the necessary tools available in order to correct this, which this channel, unfortunately, does not. Once your subscription is successfully renewed under the Canadian subscription, the issue should resolve itself.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja

• douglasnoades
    douglasnoades Member ✭✭
    Thank you for this important info.
    I renew what Quicken says to renew. They should know that this account is from Canada specially as it has the last patch update installed.
    Would you happen to know a toll free number. All they supply is a regular number 5000 miles away. The cost of the call is more expensive that the software. Is there a email service that I can use.
  • Quicken Anja
    I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

-Quicken Anja

• douglasnoades
    douglasnoades Member ✭✭
    Well, I cancelled my subscription with Quicken and have been refunded. Now I have to figure out how to clear this Canada / US problem and why was there a problem renewing my functioning Quicken version and using their supplied renew link could cause all this mix up. Now should I uninstall and start over and how
This discussion has been closed.