Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

how to enable HST sales tax tracking in Quicken - Canada

kmount
kmount Member
Sales tax does not appear on invoice and it cannot be tracked

Answers

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    It does if the process is followed, so if someone is to help you you will need to elaborate on what detailed steps are you following so we can see where you are going wrong in addition to understanding what version you are using?
  • kmount
    kmount Member
    The problem I have is that when I originally configure "Accounts Receivable" I indicated that I did not want to enable Tracking Sales Tax. As of March 1st, I need to track sales tax as I am now collecting HST. How do I enable Tracking Sales Tax?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3
    just to clarify .... what Version and Release -    ..... Help --> About Quicken
    [EDIT] - I have also updated the topic title and suggested moving to Canada section
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • kmount
    kmount Member
    I am using Quicken Home and Business Version R28.15, Build 27.1.28.15, Canada.
  • kmount
    kmount Member
    As a test I tried creating a new accounts receivable. When I do this, I get the option to enable "Tracking sales Tax". I need to be able to change my existing accounts receivable to track sales tax. I do not see this option in the menus.
  • YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4
    It is in the Account details (header) screen of the Accounts Receivable screen. Select the account then Ctrl+Shift+E on the General tab. However in the recent update they have hidden this field presumably to stop users breaking it. However it also prevents users fixing it also... suggest you call support on 1-888-415-7170 to walk through "set up of Accounts receivable account to enter sales tax", so I am unsure how to fix it now. I made some posts on this issue before somewhere. May have to created a new account as a work around, and specify correctly as it cannot be changed after that, see below.

Issue with Business receivable/payable and sales tax accounts — Quicken
This discussion has been closed.