Downloads from investment firm

Options
JDBSD
JDBSD Member
I have used quicken for 20+ years. I have always been able to enter manual transactions and then reconcile with download transactions. At some point, (I believe when I went to subscription) when downloading from my investment accounts, thousands (4K) transactions began downloading with most of them being duplicates. I have read the Quicken solution and deleting that many duplicates is not a solution. Is there any way to have things reset so tat downloads do not go further back than the 1/1/21? Then, at least, the number of duplicates is limited. For months I have just continued to enter transactions manually and will likely continue as I have no recourse.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    JDBSD said:
    Does anyone who who keeps track of the date of the last download? Quicken or the firm/bank?
    Quicken knows the date of the last download but it is the financial institution that determines the date range of transactions available.  Quicken simply filters out the downloaded transactions Quicken has already imported into an account register.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you initially download the available transactions into a new account, accept all the transactions, delete the earlier transactions prior to 1/1/21, and then move the transactions from the original account.

Before making significant changes to you Quicken file, always save a backup: press Ctrl + B
  • JDBSD
    JDBSD Member
    Options
    I have to think about that. I do have 6 different accounts, to deal with though. It does sound as though it would be a solution.
  • JDBSD
    JDBSD Member
    Options
    Does anyone who who keeps track of the date of the last download? Quicken or the firm/bank?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    JDBSD said:
    Quicken knows the date of the last download but it is the financial institution that determines the date range of transactions available.  Quicken simply filters out the downloaded transactions Quicken has already imported into an account register.
This discussion has been closed.