correcting price history

ALav
ALav Member
edited May 2021 in Investing (Windows)
every time a new security is set up, the program goes into "correcting price history" and it takes long. I have tried repairing the price file many times but the index and history gets messed up. The system is excuritiatingly slow.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ALav

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend taking a moment to review the steps outlined here.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • rgruss03
    rgruss03 Member ✭✭
    Hello Quicken_Tyka,

I am having the same problem. This time it started when I opened Quicken. I am using the subscription version of Quicken. I'm on Version 31.20 Build 27.1.31.20
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rgruss03

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rgruss03

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

While setting up to run the Validate procedure also please do this:
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".

• rgruss03
    rgruss03 Member ✭✭
    I ran the validate and repair yesterday and found no errors. Still had the problem today. I'll try running correct investing price history later today.
  • rgruss03
    rgruss03 Member ✭✭
    Ran the correct investing price history repair yesterday. Still had the problem today. I will try the delete and rebuild next.
  • rgruss03
    rgruss03 Member ✭✭
    The delete and rebuild price history seems to have fixed the problem. However, I trade a lot of options and Quicken can't rebuild the price history for those; so my Net Worth Reports are inaccurate. It did fix some other problems I was having such as slow speed in the portfolio.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a ticker associated with the options?

There is an independent program - QPHFileProcessor - That I have used to recover prices.  You first need to use a program like 7Zip to extract the QPH file from an older Quicken QDF file.  (The QDF file is really a variation of a zip file.)  You can then use the processor program to read that QPH file and create a csv file.  That csv file of prices by ticker can then be imported into your Quicken file.

Be cautious.  Make backups.  Decide how important the information is to you.      
  • rgruss03
    rgruss03 Member ✭✭
    I do have a ticker with my options but I don't think it is worth the trouble. Thanks for your help.