2 month old data file on windows, will web update the current transactions?

tandk4ever
tandk4ever Member ✭✭
I fried my hard drive. Downloaded and installed quicken on new one, subscription copy. My most recent backup is about 2 months old. I went on quicken for the web and i noticed all my information was on there and up to date. I want to try syncing my data file to the web and mobile, i actually do this every time I exit quicken.
I am hesitant about doing that, if I sync my 2 month old data file, will my data file fill in with the new transactions from the web or will i ruin the web version?

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the Quicken Cloud is not a backup; you can't restore Quicken data from the Quicken Cloud, and you can't access the Quicken Cloud from anywhere except the desktop and mobile Quicken products.  If you're looking for a cloud backup service for Quicken, please see this information about Dropbox and Quicken.

What is the Quicken Cloud? | Quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My most recent backup is about 2 months old.
    As mentioned by @Greg_the_Geek - and bolded in the Quicken Cloud text...
     the Quicken Cloud is not a backup
    However,since you have installed Quicken on your desktop,
    guessing you have "restored" from your backup - you should then be able to run One Step Update, and your accounts should download any 2-month old transactions from your financial institutions.... NOT from the Quicken Cloud...
    The Quicken online features - Mobile App and Web interface - do this in the background, in addition to any new transactions uploaded from the desktop.... as they are merged.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.