I have this strange floating part of the register I can't seem to get rid of

Lov'nLife
Lov'nLife Member
This "sort by Tag" box hovers over everthing is quicken and I can't move it or delete it. It in only in Quicken and not on other programs or screens. I am using Quicken 10 thru Parrells. I think it happend when I was trying to memorize a transaction.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You probably need to restart Quicken to get rid of it.
    Where is comes from is when you hover over certain controls (the Tag column header in this case) they display the additional "help hint".  It suppose to stay there for a short duration and then disappear.  But for some reason it didn't see the event to turn it off.
    It might be as possible to hover over the control again, and it might disappear.

I have actually seen such kinds of things happening in other applications like my web browser, but I haven't seen it in Quicken.  But it is all about timing and such, so it is hard to pin down to a given even.  On the other end of the scale I have definitely seen some reports on these hint don't stay up like they should for some reason.  As in the flash up and then down.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    That is an informational pop-up that should only appear when you hover the mouse cursor on the Tag column title.  I'm not sure what you mean by Quicken 10 but it you may have tripped across a Parallels issue.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You probably need to restart Quicken to get rid of it.
    Where is comes from is when you hover over certain controls (the Tag column header in this case) they display the additional "help hint".  It suppose to stay there for a short duration and then disappear.  But for some reason it didn't see the event to turn it off.
    It might be as possible to hover over the control again, and it might disappear.

I have actually seen such kinds of things happening in other applications like my web browser, but I haven't seen it in Quicken.  But it is all about timing and such, so it is hard to pin down to a given even.  On the other end of the scale I have definitely seen some reports on these hint don't stay up like they should for some reason.  As in the flash up and then down.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.