Downloaded transactions in checking account showing Check #0 (Q Mac)

Andrew B
Andrew B Member ✭✭✭
When I download transactions for my USAA checking account, every new non-check transaction gets added to the register with Check #0. This affects payroll deposits, ACH bills, etc.. Historically these have shown up with nothing in the Check # field. (Which made sense, they're not checks.)

I have recently updated to Big Sur and also updated to Quicken Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100) - unfortunately I do not know exactly when this started happening. Within the last two weeks, probably, but I can't be sure.

Does anyone else see this? Is it a USAA problem, a Big Sur problem, or due to a recent Quicken change?

Answers

• I saw the same thing.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.  And I'm Windows.  USAA is sending it when it shouldn't.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • GMGershon
    GMGershon Member ✭✭
    Yes, the same problem on my Mac Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100). Annoying. If it's indeed the "New" USAA implementation of the downloading interface (rather than a Quicken bug), do we need to contact USAA ourselves, or will Quicken notify them?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Hello @GMGershon

Thank you for the question!

The connection method being used should be Direct Connect. Any connectivity issues experienced using this method will need to be reported directly to the financial institution.

Quicken does not have access to the bank servers to escalate or correct this issue. I hope this helps to clarify.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Andrew B
    Andrew B Member ✭✭✭
    Let’s all contact USAA then. Thanks Tyka!
  • GMGershon
    GMGershon Member ✭✭
    Tyka, thank you for clarifying what needs to be done!

Members: USAA has an email-like message facility on their web site at: https://www.usaa.com/my/secure-message-center

I sent a message this afternoon:

"USAA supports the downloading of banking transactions to PCs and Macs using software by Quicken (quicken.com).

Thank you - it's very useful and many members have used this for years!

However, recently a change made in USAA's programming has resulted in debits, ETF payments, and other non-check payments showing a "Check Number" of "0" (a zero) instead of blank spaces. Such payments, of course, do not have a check number. Users wanting to keep things tidy now need to type over the zero with a blank. This is a new application behavior that did not exist in the past.

Attached is a set of comments (as a PDF) regarding this problem from the Quicken Community site.

We appreciate USAA's support of this technology and look forward to a fix."

Andrew, I paraphrased your comments. :)

Additional messages (or calls) to USAA might help them in prioritizing this work.
This discussion has been closed.