How do I change a credit card to a loan?

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: USAA Auto Loan showing as Line of credit.

Comments

• Mark Rasmussen
    Mark Rasmussen Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue. when I reconnected my accounts, quicken changed the type of account from a "loan" to a "credit card." This means it moved from Property and Debt to Banking/Credit Card. It updated just fine, except that it keeps trying to give me a balance adjustment again. But it's a loan, not a revolving line of credit. How can this be fixed?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Mark Rasmussen

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would recommend deactivating the loan account, for help with deactivating, see the steps and information available here.

I would then choose the (+) to act as if you are going to add a new account. Search for the financial institution and sign in.

When you are presented with this screen, are you able to change the type to a loan?

If so, change the Type to "Loan" and set the action to "LINK" to link the existing loan account.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.