Can not find placement transaction

Options
I have a RRSP account that I setup in 2002 and closed in 2013. The shares were transferred to another RRSP account via a "removed" transaction on 2013-01-08. The transfer was only of whole shares. The residual shares (.421814) were sold for cash and the cash was transferred to new RRSP account. The sale transaction will not post a cash amount showing N/A in the cash amount field. Tried backdating the transfer to before the transfer and this did not result in any difference. Based on help the N/A is caused by placement transaction. Can not find a placement transaction in this account. Despite selling all the residual shares showing in the Share Bal column in the transaction list the holdings report shows that there 0.000054 shares remaining. No amount of tinkering can remove this residual share balance causing a market value of stock of $0.01. In 2006-03-23 there was a 2-1 stock split where i used the STKSplit transaction. I can not close this account as there is residual shares and a negative cash balance.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think you are referring to a Placeholder (not placement) transaction. Have you made the Placeholders visible by going to Edit > Preferences > Investing transactions and checking the Show hidden transactions box?
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think you are referring to a Placeholder (not placement) transaction. Have you made the Placeholders visible by going to Edit > Preferences > Investing transactions and checking the Show hidden transactions box?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Brian175
    Brian175 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    That worked. You are correct is was Placeholder. Thank you.