Old Fund "Merged" to New Fund

I have one mutual fund with T Rowe Price and it was just merged into a totally different fund with the same exact value but a different share balance. Will creating a new account and using the Shares Transferred Between Accounts function preserve the cost basis? I can't figure out any other way to handle it in Quicken.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Which Q product are you running, and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Also, when you do TOOLS, Account List and click EDIT adjacent to the account name, what option is chosen for "Single Mutual Fund Account"?
    There's  NO NEED for a new account, but how to remedy your issue depends upon your reply to my questions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Which Q product are you running, and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Also, when you do TOOLS, Account List and click EDIT adjacent to the account name, what option is chosen for "Single Mutual Fund Account"?
    There's  NO NEED for a new account, but how to remedy your issue depends upon your reply to my questions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP