Is any one else having trouble with their paycheck template? Past entries show as zero....

MacMc
MacMc Member ✭✭
I have had the problem for over a year. No help desk person acknowledges it is ongoing. I enter a paycheck template and weeks later, it shows the splits as zero balances. I am looking for accountability and a solution....other than deletion of the corrupted entries and pasting in replacements from other entries. HELP!

Answers

• ploga1
    ploga1 Member ✭✭
    Same issue...comes and goes, but has been consistently bad the past 2 months - paycheck splits disappear, transfers from the paycheck entry post a second time so if I review the transfer acct there's 2 transactions (1 linking to the now corrupted paycheck entry and 1 showing a link but transfer account link). If I hover over the split it shows the break out but if I open the split transaction window, all detail is gone. Have tried the Help desk before and its usually, "load the last good back up" and nothing else. So I get to reconcile a ton of transactions and get no real fix. HELP, indeed.
  • MacMc
    MacMc Member ✭✭
    Ploga1, you don't know how glad I am to read your reply!
    That has been exactly my experience. It is wearisome, time-consuming and frustrating. I hope someone from Quicken is monitoring this thread and will address the issue. Yesterday I had to re-enter 5 paychecks from Dec, Jan, Feb....including one I had entered just a short time before.
    The last 'help' desk person was not even aware of the existence of the paycheck template! I have been using Quicken since before '99...the template is better than just splitting out a deposit transaction, especially if you track the gross pay. BUT, the long-term bug with no acknowledgment of the problem and no real solutions is getting old.
    Thank you for listening...I may try another call to Quicken today, but my expectations are low.
    Anybody else out there in Quicken land with this issue?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

If you have not done so already, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue. Please include the logs as well as a sanitized data file if you are comfortable doing so.

In the meantime, I would next disable sync altogether and see if this prevents reminders from skipping.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. If the Sync showed ON please toggle the sync to OFF

Please let us know the results or if you still experience skipped reminders.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • MacMc
    MacMc Member ✭✭
    Dear Quicken Tyka,

1. I am not sure how to 'include the logs' or send a 'sanitized data file.' Please advise

2. Did you actually read the comments/questions? We are NOT having a problem with skipped reminders. We are having trouble with entered/reconciled transactions CHANGING after they have been entered. The only transactions we are having a problem with are those done on a paycheck template. I have even gone so far as to delete the existing template and create a new one. This did not solve the issue. This is a long-standing problem that has remained through several updates.

3. I do not use the web/mobile apps often and could disable the sync by following your directions, but I do not see how that would correct the issue at hand. Plus, if I did use the mobile/web apps, and had come to depend on the convenience, why would I think it an improvement to disable the sync?

Respectfully, but with frustration,
    MacMc
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looking here, and in the thread it references it seems that this a problem that has yet to be resolved.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7889522/why-are-my-paycheck-split-values-disappearing
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    MacMc said:
    Dear Quicken Tyka,

1. I am not sure how to 'include the logs' or send a 'sanitized data file.' Please advise

To send logs: Help -> Report a problem
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • MacMc
    MacMc Member ✭✭
    Just sent a report as requested. Thanks to Chris_QPW for the heads up about the other thread. That was very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.