Why don't my budgets from my Quicken Desktop show on my Quicken Web or Mobile?

MRennie
MRennie Member
edited May 2022 in Using the Mobile App
I've sync'd my desktop to the web and everything else shows but I can't see my budgets. No budgets on the mobile either. Both of those tell me that I haven't setup any budgets.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @MRennie,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    7. Navigate to the Mobile & Web tab
    8. Click on Cloud Sync to reinitiate the sync and to make sure no errors occur
    9. Wait for it to finish syncing again
    10. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @MRennie,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    7. Navigate to the Mobile & Web tab
    8. Click on Cloud Sync to reinitiate the sync and to make sure no errors occur
    9. Wait for it to finish syncing again
    10. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• jimwallace
    jimwallace Member ✭✭
    Followed all this, budget does not appear
  • MRennie
    MRennie Member
    Hi Jim, this worked for me. It seems that you may be having a different problem.
  • Quicken Anja
    @MRennie Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that worked for you. :)

@jimwallace Thank you for adding to this discussion to let us know that you are experiencing issues, though I apologize that the troubleshooting instructions that I previously provided above did not resolve it for you.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further. 

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

And if you don't mind, could you please provide a detailed description of the issue you are currently experiencing? 

Also, if the issue you are experiencing is at all different from the issue described above in the original post of this thread, we do politely ask that you please create and start a new post to avoid confusion.

Thank you! 

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.