Transaction dates getting change when downloaded (Q Mac)

Options
Squibbydog
Squibbydog Member
For the last few weeks, when I download transactions from my bank, it is changing the date on the matched transactions to the date the transaction cleared my bank. As an example, a check written and dated 3/4/2021 was matched on download from my bank today. The check cleared my bank today. Now the Quicken register shows the transaction date as today, not 3/4/2021 when I write the check. Anyone know why Quicken is now changing register dates on matched transactions? It should not change the date of the transaction when it matches...

Answers

• bonnettd
    bonnettd Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm not sure from your example if this is similar / same, but..
    If I download a transaction that occurred on the 1st, and the bill or transaction reminder in Quicken was set to happen on the 2nd when it is matched, the transaction date gets changed to the 2nd.
    I believe this is something relatively new as it wasn't happening in the past. Obviously you can manually change the date back, but it makes it a pain.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Squibbydog,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To avoid having the dates for manually entered transactions (or checks) changed to the posted date when they are downloaded and matched, you can change the setting for this through Preferences. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Preferences
    3. Connected Services
    4. At the bottom of the window, uncheck the 2nd checkbox for "Use posted date for matched transactions (instead of the date you enter manually)"
    Going forward, this should prevent the dates of manually entered transactions from being changed when transactions are downloaded and matched.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.