How does one register credit cards as billers as well as payers?

Options
New to Quicken and for the life of me I cannot automatically generate a reminder to pay an outstanding credit card bill. I originally set up the card as an online payer account and successfully accessed all of my transactions. I cannot, however, access my card as a biller (and show the outstanding balance and due date as a bill (transfer) reminder. I can manually set up the transfer for reminder purposes, but it asks me to manually enter the balance and due date. What's up with that? Can anyone explain how this process should work?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suspect you may be mixing a few things.

When we set up a manual bill reminder for credit card payment, we may select to have the amount estimated using the Current credit card balance.

When we use an online bill, Quicken should obtain the amount due when the bill becomes available.  If we link the online bill to a bill reminder, Quicken should use the online bill for the amount estimated.

I think it would be nice if Quicken would use the bill reminder 's estimate setting until the online bill amount is available, but that isn't how it how Quicken is presently implemented. 

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I'm a bit confused by your question but it seems you would like Quicken to retrieve your credit card payment due and statement.  For that you need Online BIlls:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/setting-online-bill-center-and-frequently-asked-questions

I will say that I no longer use this feature.  Over time, I found that it took more time to correct problems than it saved by retrieving balances for the limited number of cards it supports.  I have my credit cards set up as individual accounts and track the charges I make.  Reminders can be set up to estimate the payment amount from past payments or to use the account balance for the estimate.  I simply adjust the reminder to the amount I want to pay after receiving the statement.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suspect you may be mixing a few things.

When we set up a manual bill reminder for credit card payment, we may select to have the amount estimated using the Current credit card balance.

When we use an online bill, Quicken should obtain the amount due when the bill becomes available.  If we link the online bill to a bill reminder, Quicken should use the online bill for the amount estimated.

I think it would be nice if Quicken would use the bill reminder 's estimate setting until the online bill amount is available, but that isn't how it how Quicken is presently implemented. 
This discussion has been closed.