quicken paid off my mortgage

Options
ran an update of transactions and quicken said my mortgage started last hear has just been paid off.
I restored a backup and ran a validate (why does quicken constantly corrupt files) and the mortgage got paid off.
There are corrupt transactions, but nothing referring to the mortgage. Anyone with any ideas?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Andrew Borys

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd. I'm wondering here if we may be able to fix the issue by reloading a recent backup. I would recommend trying to load the backup then afterwards seeing if you have a similar issue when trying to update again.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know how it goes after you update. If you're able to replicate the issue we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Andrew Borys
    Andrew Borys Member ✭✭
    Options
    i restored backup and when i did a validate, mortgage disappeared. Quicken is no longer stable imo. it keeps corrupting my files. a validate shows a number of broken transactions and even new one downloaded but not accepted have 0 values. It's a bit of a mess altogether.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Andrew Borys

Thanks for the update. In your case I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so. This will let us assist you in figuring out exactly is causing the issues you're having. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT