Schwab Net Work Ridiculously Wrong

Options
AndyM
AndyM Member
:( So I created a new quicken file recently and went to download my transactions from Schwab. Everything in all six accounts there looks fine, except for one of my simple IRA's. Except for the current month, the entire transaction history shows that I've had millions of dollars in this account since 2017, then suddenly I lose 94% of my money in the current month. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the account, deleting the manual transactions that quicken put in to reconcile older balances, and re-importing in simple or classic mode. Whatever I do, it just changes the net worth of the account by a few million dollars. I have not as of yet gone through transaction by transaction to figure out where the balance has gone off, but there's a lot of transactions in there so I'm guessing there's some other feature that could be changed to fix the issue?

Best Answer

• AndyM
    AndyM Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Found it, this is dumb:

1) Matched SPIB directly from download to a symbol ITR for some reason.
    2) ITR seems to have a wonky price history.
    3) Changed Symbol from ITR to SPIB and merged symbol to history
    4) Old price history remained.
    5) Had to go through and manually delete all the old history
    6) Downloaded history of five years for the symbol SPIB

All good in the world. So I guess the final question is why did Quicken take a perfectly good download and merge all the quotes to a bogus symbol?

Answers

• AndyM
    AndyM Member
    Options
    Oh that should say "Schwab Net Worth" stupid auto-correct
  • AndyM
    AndyM Member
    Options
    The culprit seems to be the price history for SPDR Portfolio Intermediate Term Treasury ETF, which for some reason Quicken thinks has been worth tens of thousands of dollars per share, until recently. How do you fix that?
  • AndyM
    AndyM Member
    Options
    ...and updating again says it had a 203,198.24% gains today and I'm worth $6 MM more net worth. Nice.
  • AndyM
    AndyM Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Found it, this is dumb:

1) Matched SPIB directly from download to a symbol ITR for some reason.
    2) ITR seems to have a wonky price history.
    3) Changed Symbol from ITR to SPIB and merged symbol to history
    4) Old price history remained.
    5) Had to go through and manually delete all the old history
    6) Downloaded history of five years for the symbol SPIB

All good in the world. So I guess the final question is why did Quicken take a perfectly good download and merge all the quotes to a bogus symbol?
This discussion has been closed.