Issue with Alight Solutions Connection

Pesh115
Pesh115 Member ✭✭
My company just switched to Alight Solutions and I'm trying to connect. I've followed the instructions for Username / Password on Quicken for Mac but I keep getting the message "Incorrect Customer ID or Password/PIN" and "Alight Solutions did not accept your login. Please try again." I know I am using the correct login credentials, so that is not the problem.

I got on the phone with Alight. And like others who have tried in the past, the person I spoke with knows nothing about the issue. In fact, she kept insisting the problem was with Quicken! I tried to explain that others have had this issue but she just pointed the finger at Quicken and say get support from them.

I saw this was an issue in December / January per this thread and it seemed to be resolved, but it still is not working for me :(

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20053486#Comment_20053486

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Perhaps someone from Quicken and/or Alight (Mike Cunningham) is reading this and can help?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Pesh115,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you currently have running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    To start with, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and Updated: " displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Pesh115
    Pesh115 Member ✭✭
    Here are answers to your questions:

1. I’m running Quicken Deluxe version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100)

2. Confirmed, I do not have any hidden accounts connected to this financial institution.

3. There are no accounts associated with Alight Solutions in my Quicken since I was not able to “add” the account.

4. There were no references to Alight Solutions in my Keychains

5. Followed the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution, but it failed again with same error “Incorrect Customer ID or Password/PIN”)
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Pesh115 Thank you for the update and additional information!

To clarify; could you please tell us which account type the account you are trying to add is (checking, savings, credit card, brokerage, etc)?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Pesh115
    Pesh115 Member ✭✭
    Roth 401K
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Pesh115

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would still recommend contacting support directly for help reviewing the logs.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care can help to locate the error in the logs to give you more information to provide the financial institution to help gain traction and get an escalation.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Have you also entered your company's ID as part of your user name? Please see the attached screenshot for the explanation. Note that your company's code is not [Removed - Code]. You'll have to get that from either Alight or your benefits department.

[Edited and Replaced Screenshot to Remove Sensitive Information]
  • Pesh115
    Pesh115 Member ✭✭
    Yes, that helps and the problem is solved. Things seem to be working now.
This discussion has been closed.