TINKER
TINKER Member
HOW CAN I GET THE SOUND TO WORK IN QUICKEN SUBSCRIPTION

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken Sounds (Windows only. Mac has no sounds)

1) Make sure that the speakers are turned on and the volume is somewhat up (not all the way down) and not muted.
    2) In Quicken ensure that in Edit / Preferences / Setup "Turn on Quicken Sounds" has a checkmark. Restart Quicken if you had to make a change.
    3) Make sure that in Control Panel / Sound / Sounds tab the active Sound Scheme still contains the Quicken sound files. If the sound scheme was improperly modified by some other software (or Windows) update, find a different sound scheme which contains the Quicken sounds and make that the active sound scheme.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @TINKER

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. How long has this been happening? Did you recently update the program or reinstall it? Are there any particular sounds that are missing or all of them. I would double check to see if you have sounds enabled as well. You can do so across the top by going edit > preferences > setup. Here make sure you have it enabled as well.

Once you've had a chance let us know a couple more details and we'll see what we can do!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken Sounds (Windows only. Mac has no sounds)

1) Make sure that the speakers are turned on and the volume is somewhat up (not all the way down) and not muted.
    2) In Quicken ensure that in Edit / Preferences / Setup "Turn on Quicken Sounds" has a checkmark. Restart Quicken if you had to make a change.
    3) Make sure that in Control Panel / Sound / Sounds tab the active Sound Scheme still contains the Quicken sound files. If the sound scheme was improperly modified by some other software (or Windows) update, find a different sound scheme which contains the Quicken sounds and make that the active sound scheme.

• lkhaton
    lkhaton Member
    Options
    I have same problem. Using version 32.12. We need official help from Quicken.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lkhaton said:
    I have same problem. Using version 32.12. We need official help from Quicken.

If the answer above didn't solve the problem, even with the help of someone in your circle of friends, family, coworkers, etc. who are experienced with Windows Setup and Configuration, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.