Quicken Desktop Register Incorrect after Synchronizing with Quicken on the Web

Options
I use Quicken Online Subscription.
I use Windows 10, 64-bit.
I recently began using the Quicken on the Web services.
I synchronized my Quicken desktop register (checking account and credit card) with Quicken on the Web and now my desktop register (checking account and credit card) shows incorrect balances as do the registers on the web.
Why is this and how do I correct the issue?
Thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @jomich80

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like we may need to resync so that we're able to see if that fixes our incorrect balances. To do this you can go across the top on the desktop Quicken to edit > preferences > mobile & web > reset your cloud connection. 

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know if you're able to get your balances sorted better. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jomich80
    jomich80 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the response.
    I did as you said and reset my cloud connection.
    I then had to restore a back-up file so I could get to a point where my Quicken desktop register matched my actual bank account transactions. I had to do the same for my credit card. Not too difficult, just took a little time.
    Once I did that, I selected the mobile and web option from the Quicken desktop menu.
    I added only the credit card account first. No problem there. The Quicken Web and Quicken desktop registers matched.
    I then added my checking account. Once the synchronization was complete, I noticed the transaction register in my Quicken desktop had been changed from what it should be. Once I synchronized my Quicken desktop with Quicken Web, my Quicken desktop register had $32.50 added to all totals. There wasn't any entry for this amount, the Quicken Web just seemed to increase the total by $32.50. I went back several months and it was the same; the total in the register was $32.50 higher than it should be.
    So, I restored my backup file, so I could get my Quicken desktop back to where it should be. I also reset the cloud connection as you listed in your response above. But this time, when I logged into the Quicken Web, the two accounts were still showing. So I went into the settings and deleted both accounts.
    At this point, i am not sure what I should do or try.
    Any recommendations??
    Thank you.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @jomich80

Thanks for the update.  I'm wondering here if we may be able to fix it by deleting the dataset since that does seem to be where we're having the issue. Since we're on a good backup I don't believe we should need to change it but let me know if that isn't the case.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you've done this see if we're able to get the correct amounts from both the register and mobile. From there we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• jomich80
    jomich80 Member
    Options
    Quicken Francisco,
    I think you have found the answer. I will know more over the next few days, but so far everything is working as it should -- my Quicken desktop and my Quicken on the Web registers match. I synchronized my Quicken desktop with my Quicken Web after I added a transaction on my desktop and everything matched.
    I did have a second data set that was also present. It was a test file I initially used. Maybe it was interfering. At any rate, I deleted it and all seems to be working. I plan to add my credit card account next to see if also works.
    I will let you know if anything goes wrong over the next few days.
    Thank you very much for the assistance.
    John Manning
  • jomich80
    jomich80 Member
    Options
    Quicken Francisco,
    UPDATE:
    So far so good.
    After deleting the second data set, I am now able to keep my Quicken Desktop register and the Quicken Web register balanced (matching). I tested by adding a fake transaction in Quicken Web and then going into my Quicken Desktop and synchronizing the accounts using the Mobile & Web menu option. I tested again by deleting the fake transaction. Both registers matched after the test.
    I will now be able to travel with my laptop and add/delete transactions using Quicken Web, then synchronize/update my Quicken Desktop once I get home.
    I can't thank you enough for your help.
    Take care.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @jomich80

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get it working and everything's been working for you so far! If you do run into issues please let us know so we can take another look!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.