Keep asking me to activate when log in.

Every time when I open the software, I have to login. Some times it will ask me to login twice then tells me to activate Quicken. I used to call the customer service and the CS guild me to download a batch for Canadian customer. It solved the problem at that time. Now it happens again. Get tired of this.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @ffp421

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  That is odd. By chance could you try seeing if you're able to get into the file in silent mode. To do this go to either the start menu or the desktop icon and hold CTRL + SHIFT then select Quicken. This should open the program with no file. From there go ahead and try to create a new file. You should be able to do so by going across the top to file > new. See if you're able to get in. 

If you are able to get in then try opening your main file. You can do so by going file then at the bottom your most recent files should be selecting.

Once you're able to try this are you able to get to your file. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• ffp421
    ffp421 Member ✭✭
    Hi there, I did as you suggested and opened a new file. Unfortunately soon the activate page pop up and ask me to log in. The result is the same, ask me to provide the activation code again.
    Ringo
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @ffp421

Thanks for letting me know. I was taking a look at your previous ticket to see what was going on and it seems like they tried a mondo patch to get you up and running last time. Lets try seeing if we're able to do something similar here. I'll leave the patch down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Try the Canadian patch and see if we're able to get in. Let us know how it goes and what you're able to find out!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• ffp421
    ffp421 Member ✭✭
    Hey there. Thanks for your reply. So I downloaded the patch for Canada and installed it. After restart the software, unfortunately, the page of requiring login pop up again. I don't know what I can do to fix this problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ffp421

Thank you for the response and the additional details. If you have not done so already, can you please sign out and sign back in with your existing ID.
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID

Please let me know if you continue to experience this sign-in trouble after completing this step.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • ffp421
    ffp421 Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka, I don't understand what do you mean. I can't log in the Quicken software. There are only File and Help on the top left corner. I didn't find Edit option here. I guess you mean after login I can find Edit. Thank you.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ffp421

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

Are you able to go File > New Quicken File? If so, please do so to create a blank file.

Then, once you are on the new file, see if you are able to sign out and sign back in.
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • ffp421
    ffp421 Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka, Yes, I can create a new file, but I can't use that new file. When finish creating new file, the software can't allow me to log in, so I can continue to the steps you suggested. Thank you.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ffp421

Can you please provide what message you receive when you attempt to log in? How are you not being allowed to sign in?

Please let me know so we can work towards getting this resolved.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • ffp421
    ffp421 Member ✭✭
    Hi there,
    The page said
    Welcome, Let's get your Quicken Activated!
    Begin Activation.
    I've talked with the customer service and uninstalled the software, then downloaded a tool to clean the UI, then re-installed the software. It worked for a while, after I restart the software, it shows activation required again.
    I don't what happened here.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ffp421

You may see this activation screen if you ordered from Quicken.com and you used a different Quicken ID than the one you're using to sign into the Quicken program with.

Do you have more than an email that you have used with Quicken? 

Please let us know!
    ~~~***~~~
  • ffp421
    ffp421 Member ✭✭
    I only have one email address with Quicken. Thanks.
  • ffp421
    ffp421 Member ✭✭
    I did purchased the license on line.
  • ffp421
    ffp421 Member ✭✭
    Could you double check my email address if it's okay, or could you provide me the activation number?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ffp421

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly by phone for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and assist further

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.