"Please enter a valid address number" error message with Bill Pay (Q Mac)

Andy Smith
Andy Smith Member ✭✭
Hello, I am using Quicken Premier for Mac, version 6.1.1. I am trying to use the new Bill Pay feature that they have where you can send paper checks right from your Quicken register. (Please know that I have done all of the legwork to reach this point, meaning I have had my email address verified, I have had my Citibank Checking Account verified with the 2 Quicken micro-deposits and withdrawals, and whatever else has popped up, I have taken care of it). Now I'm ready to write a check from my Quicken Checking register!

But uh-oh...I don't get very far. I'm trying to write a check to the County where I live because it's time to pay part 2 of my Property Taxes. It's already in the register, and the date is April 2nd (today is March 10th---does that cause any issues?). When I highlight the Checking Account item that I want to pay, I then click on "Bill Pay" at the top of the screen.

After that, I click on "Check Pay", then "Pay With Check Pay". That opens up a small form at the top, and I begin filling in the blanks. I put the name of the payee (which is simply, "Tax Collector"), then I fill in the address that the check is being mailed to, and once I enter each line of information (very simple and easy), I click on "NEXT" and this is what happens to me every single time:

PLEASE ENTER A VALID ADDRESS NUMBER

I've searched Google, Quicken, and several other search engines with that phrase, trying to figure out what it means. I have no clue what it means. Does anyone here know what "valid address number" it is referring to? I am entering the exactly correct address for this bill to get sent to, so it's not like I can try something else. The address is the address, right?

So........... I am stuck. My questions are:

1) What am I doing wrong?
2) Am I incorrectly assuming that I can do a Check Pay on a date that is about a month away? Or can I only do Check Pay on the exact date that I want it to go out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you very much.

Andy in Pleasanton, CA

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Andy Smith

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

May I ask that you please navigate to Window > Payees and locate the "Tax Collector" payee.

Once located, can you double click on the payee and choose the "Check Pay" tab.

First, is the "Bills & Income Payee" checked or unchecked? Next, do you see the address listed here? If not, please try to enter the address information here and see if you get the same message.

Please let me know what you find?

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Andy Smith

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

May I ask that you please navigate to Window > Payees and locate the "Tax Collector" payee.

Once located, can you double click on the payee and choose the "Check Pay" tab.

First, is the "Bills & Income Payee" checked or unchecked? Next, do you see the address listed here? If not, please try to enter the address information here and see if you get the same message.

Please let me know what you find?

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.