Where can I find the Quicken Help Glossary? [edited]

JMSOUNDER
JMSOUNDER Member ✭✭
edited March 2021 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken used to have the glossary as part of the Help window (F1) which defined the terms used in Quicken, especially the investment terms.

[edited for readability]
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It took some time to find this, but I think it is what you are looking for:

When you enter Help there is a Terms link at the top of the list on the left. If you click on this the old Glossary opens in the panel on the right. There is a Search box at the top or you can jump to first letters using the alphabetical column. 
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    It took some time to find this, but I think it is what you are looking for:

When you enter Help there is a Terms link at the top of the list on the left. If you click on this the old Glossary opens in the panel on the right. There is a Search box at the top or you can jump to first letters using the alphabetical column. 
  • JMSOUNDER
    JMSOUNDER Member ✭✭
    JIM

THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUICK RESPOSE. YES, they could have made it easier to find, especially for new users who don't even know such things exist. There are brief explanations when you customize the investment windows.

It would be nice if Quicken would put a little effort into clearly defining the terms, ei, income (which is total over time vs total income ), because it is hard enough to understand the results. Also, some calculations use elements that cannot be verified and although in a defined term, may or may not exist. If the basic elements used in calculations and displayed then they could be exported to an excel program and used for calculations not available in quicken.

Well, anyway thanks again!

Jim Hearney
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems pretty easy to me (R30.21). 

F1 then

• JMSOUNDER
    JMSOUNDER Member ✭✭
    I am running the latest subscription version R31.20, February 2021. I do not get your menu when I select F1. The response from Jim Harmon is the same screen that I get. Older versions of Quicken had the glossary in the help menu like the one you sent me. I don't know???
  • Jim_Harman
    @q_lurker

In R31.5 Quicken switched to an entirely new Help system which eliminates the navigation you show. The new Help looks like this

The left pane opens scolled about half way down, so the Terms choice is not displayed unless you scroll all the way up.  Also searching for "Terms" or "Glossary" does not match to the "Terms" section
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    The prior Help was much more user-friendly.
    Why did they feel the need to change it?

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Where is Dividend Yield portfolio column defined in Quicken Help?

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Jim_Harman
    Where is Dividend Yield portfolio column defined in Quicken Help?

There is not much info there. If you mouse over the column name you get a brief description.

It is the current dividend / current price, as a percentage. The data is downloaded from Quicken's quote provider so it is only available for publicly traded securities.