Is Quicken 2014 available?

JesseS
JesseS Member
Hello, I have been using Quicken 2014 for many years on an old laptop. Can I transfer this to a new laptop? I have a current data back up on a thumb drive. I do not have an installation CD, nor does my new laptop have CD drive.

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Probably only available on ebay.
    If you do find it, you can copy the CD to a thumbdrive using a different computer and installing it from the thumbdrive.
    Once installed, you will need to download/save/execute the last patch release for QW2014 from this link.  Quicken Patches

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There is no "basic" version of Quicken these days.  There is Starter, but if the subscription expires, it goes into READ-ONLY mode, so I don't think it is a good version for you.
    You could try to find a copy of 2017 which is the last US version prior to subscription, therefore it does not have a subscription that will expire.
    Any newer version of Quicken can and will work with your QW2014 data file.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Probably only available on ebay.
    If you do find it, you can copy the CD to a thumbdrive using a different computer and installing it from the thumbdrive.
    Once installed, you will need to download/save/execute the last patch release for QW2014 from this link.  Quicken Patches

• JesseS
    JesseS Member
    First off thank you for the lightning fast response! If I upgrade to the new version of basic quicken will I be able to import my data from my thumb drive backup of quicken 2014? The old computer is practically dead but at least I have the thumb drive back up. I don't need all the fancy on line features I am just trying to save all these years of data I have collected.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There is no "basic" version of Quicken these days.  There is Starter, but if the subscription expires, it goes into READ-ONLY mode, so I don't think it is a good version for you.
    You could try to find a copy of 2017 which is the last US version prior to subscription, therefore it does not have a subscription that will expire.
    Any newer version of Quicken can and will work with your QW2014 data file.

• JesseS
    JesseS Member
    I went with the Deluxe it was cheaper than the starter for the first year. All my data transferred over seamlessly. Thank you for the valuable information.
This discussion has been closed.