Stock not showing up in Investing Stock Intersection Tab

drbrandt1
drbrandt1 Member ✭✭
edited March 2021 in Investing (Windows)
A stock is not showing up that should be listed in the stock intersection tab. The stock does show up in my portfolio. The portfolio percentage for this stock is greater than other stocks that are listed in the stock intersection. I have signed out and sign back in to no avail (edit/preferences/quicken ID and cloud accounts/sign in as a different user).

Help appreciated.

Best Answer

• drbrandt1
    drbrandt1 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I was able to resolve this issue in the following way:
    In portfolio x-ray I had selected “all accounts” and “all securities” assuming that that would give me, well, everything. However when I change from “all securities” to custom, I found that recent purchased stock were unselected in the custom list. So I selected all of the securities in the custom list and then switched back to “all securities.” The Missing stock now shows up under “stock intersection.”

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @drbrandt1

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd that it shows up in one but not the other. I'm wondering here what would be causing it. If you wouldn't mind could we get some screenshots of the issue as well. It'll help see if there's anything we might be able to find. I'll leave an article down below explaining how to do so. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Once you've had a chance let us know more and we'll take a look!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @drbrandt1
    You are talking about the stock intersection in the Portfolio X-Ray, right?

Here are some things to check:

-- Make sure the security and account selections include the security. Sometimes I have to select them a few times to get the selections to "stick"
    -- Click on refresh X-Ray if you have not already.
    -- For mutual funds and ETFs, the X-ray only includes the 50 largest holdings in each fund. This can cause some smaller holdings to show instead of larger ones. 
    -- The X-Ray only includes publicly traded securities and funds where the ticker is set correctly in Quicken.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • drbrandt1
    drbrandt1 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I was able to resolve this issue in the following way:
    In portfolio x-ray I had selected “all accounts” and “all securities” assuming that that would give me, well, everything. However when I change from “all securities” to custom, I found that recent purchased stock were unselected in the custom list. So I selected all of the securities in the custom list and then switched back to “all securities.” The Missing stock now shows up under “stock intersection.”
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad that fixes it!
    QWin Premier subscription