American Express Connection Errors

William Smith Jr
William Smith Jr Member ✭✭✭
For the past few days, I've been getting the error referenced in the attached screenshot for 2 Amex accounts. I switched the connection to Direct Connect from Quicken Connect and both are working again but I'm going to guess this may only be temporary. Is there a reason why Direct Connect is working now vs Quicken Connect?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @William Smith Jr

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

A 105 error occurs when a website is blocked. American Express intentionally throttles on Mondays due to increased traffic.

Please allow 24 hours and attempt to update once more.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka 
    ~~~***~~~
  • William Smith Jr
    William Smith Jr Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I'll try changing back to Quicken Connect tomorrow but this issue started prior to today (think last Thursday or Friday) and persisted through the weekend.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It's generally not a good idea to keep switching your connection methods, as you can get duplicate transactions that way. Direct Connect is almost always the best option, if it's available, because your desktop Quicken is talking directly to the financial institution's servers, not going through a Quicken/Intuit middleman server. For accounts where you have Direct Connect available, you probably should keep it set up that way.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.