Missing Transactions Based on Different Filter Settings

Options
I am a new Quicken for Windows user (February 2021). My question is in regard to future transactions/reminders not displaying based on different filters.

In my case, I'm looking at my checking account with filter settings of All Dates, Any Type and All Transactions everything is correct (screen shot attached). Note the highlighted transactions in yellow.

When I change the filter to This Month, Any Type and All Transactions, the highlighted transactions dated 4/3, 4/4 and 4/5 disappear from view. The first two missing entries are transfers from a different account. The 4/5 transaction is a reoccurring reminder that I modified the amount for this date only. I did notice that the three missing transactions have the clock icon to the left of them in the All Dates filter.

I’m trying to understand why those entries aren’t shown when I use the This Month filter.

Suggestions?

P.S. I’m attaching my screenshot as an image file to this post, so I’m not sure how it will display on the submitted post.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hello @Gary B.,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    I suspect that the transactions disappear as the filter setting for "This Month" would result in only showing the current month's transactions (March). When you change the filter settings to "This Month", are only those 3 April transactions that you mentioned the only ones that disappear? Do other April transactions remain visible? 

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gary B. said:
    When I change the filter to This Month, Any Type and All Transactions, the highlighted transactions dated 4/3, 4/4 and 4/5 disappear from view.

I’m trying to understand why those entries aren’t shown when I use the This Month filter.

Suggestions?

This month is March. I would not expect transactions for April to show with This Month filter applied. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Gary B.
    Gary B. Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Quicken Anja

I'm running Windows version 2020-R31.20-27.1.31.20

As to your question: yes, these three transactions are the only ones that disappear from the "future" reminders. I've got the Reminders to Show in Register (RTSIR) setting set to 30 days. The 4/5/20 transaction is a reoccurring credit card bill. The amount in the entry is what I estimate I'll spend monthly and I change the amount to the actual amount owed when the credit card statement arrives.

If I don't modify the entry in any way, it appears in the filtered results regardless of the RTSIR setting (30, 60, 90 days, etc.) and a filter setting of This Month. Once I edit the transaction and change the amount, it disappears from view.

That's the behavior that I don't understand.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your register appears to be sorted by the "Clr" column, as indicated by the small black triangle in the column header.
    Sort the register by Date, by clicking the Date column header. The little triangle will move to the Date column header. If it points up "^", your register is sorted by ascending Date, with newest transactions at the bottom. If the triangle points down "v", click the Date column header again, to toggle the setting between ascending and descending modes.

P.S.: To attach image(s) to a Community discussion please review

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @Gary B. Thank you for the additional information.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to Validate your data file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also Save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Validate and Repair...
    4. Select Validate file
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 3) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Gary B.
    Gary B. Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja

Ran both Validate and Repair and Super Validate. Display results are still the same.
  • Gary B.
    Gary B. Member ✭✭
    Options
    @UKR

I changed the sort to the date field, but I'm getting the same display results.

BTW, Thanks for the URL for attaching files. I've attached new, clearer screen shots below.
  • Gary B.
    Gary B. Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    After thinking about this issue a bit more, I understand why the two transfer transactions aren't showing when using the This Month view. These are one time transactions post dated into April. So, they wouldn't appear since this is March.

I'm still puzzled by the 4/5 transaction. This is a reoccurring reminder that I changed the amount on for the 4/5 date only. Evidently, Quicken views reoccurring reminders differently if the amount for a single transaction in the series is modified. I'll use the All Dates filter to avoid further confusion.

Anyway, thanks to all for offering your input.