One Step Update Account Set Up

One step update encounters an error when trying to setup an account to download transactions from Tinker Federal Credit Union.  The update window states "Sorry. We encountered and error.  (It's not your fault.)"  What in the world does that mean and how can I get it corrected?  Contacted the bank and they stated it may be due to their two-factor authentication, however it was working about two weeks ago.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @jricard982,

When you receive that type of message - the "It's not your fault" message - you will need to contact Quicken Support so that they can perform a review of your log files and possibly escalate this in order to resolve it.  When you talk to Quicken Support, make sure to tell them how long you have been receiving this error message.

Here's the LINK to Quicken Support.

Let us know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @jricard982

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @jricard982,

When you receive that type of message - the "It's not your fault" message - you will need to contact Quicken Support so that they can perform a review of your log files and possibly escalate this in order to resolve it.  When you talk to Quicken Support, make sure to tell them how long you have been receiving this error message.

Here's the LINK to Quicken Support.

Let us know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.